Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moritification

Options
  • 17-11-2009 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Once when I was working in Lush on Henry street a woman of about 60 came in to the shop and she had on the same gold converse as I had, except mine were the real deal and hers were knock offs. I touched my toe to hers and I said “you have good taste in shoes” or something. Then we were chatting and I asked “where did you get those shoes?” and she said “Dunnes” and I said “Goway” and she put her hand up in a high five motion and made a face like “give me some skin sistren I got me some badass mutha****in shoes” so I went to give her a hearty high five just as she said “Five euro”. That’s right folks - she wasn’t putting her hand up to give me a high five, she was merely putting up her five fingers to demonstrate how much she paid for the shoes. But at this point it was too late, my hand was mid-air and travelling at speed so I had to finish the most awkward high five in the history of mankind. Literally every time I think about it, it gives me a PHYSICAL pain. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go lie down in a darkened room.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

*cringe*

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭potsy11

That is brilliant. You have brightened up a dull day for me:D

Did anyone see it? How did they respond?

I'd still be on the floor laughing.....(Sorry!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jennikybooky

I don't even know. I literally don't even know what heppened next because I think I actually blacked out from mortification!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Haha, it could of been worse, she could of taken her hand down and you hit thin air

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Many moons ago in a galaxy far far away, I decided to impress the then girlfriend by trying out this surfing lark in Cornwall, having spent an inordinate of time putting on my wetsuit I ventured forth into the unknown when suddenly a large shrill of a whistle was heard. I emerged James Bond like from the sea to be told by the lifeguard that I was not to swim in a red flag area and that my swimsuit was on back to front! I still feel embarrassed even now 20 years later so no it won't go away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

haha i cringed for ya then laughed at ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

On a slightly related topic, a high five is a great way to respond to someone when they use the "talk to the hand" move.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdeT

I was in the supermarket last summer after a bit of a gym session; i fancied that I was looking well and felt confident. Caught the girls name at the next checkout and gave her a smile, she smiled back but seemed shy. Caught her eye again - gave her another smile and she smiled back. As I was leaving i though I'd go over and ask for her number, go for a drink when I saw my reflection in the window. My nose had clearly been bleeding for quite a while and I had blood all around my mouth!

Didn't bother going back over to her!

Advertisement