Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need to build a Box,need plywood.

Options
  • 17-11-2009 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi everybody,
    I have to build a box, with a 1 square meter base, and around 2 meters tall.
    I live in Dublin, phibsborough, and I need a place where to buy plywood and the necessary material. i dont have a car, and i dont have many tools, so if you can suggest me a place that is close, and that could help me out with some tools, that would be great!
    thank you very much,
    Rota

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Rotafixa wrote: »
    Hi everybody,
    I have to build a box, with a 1 square meter base, and around 2 meters tall.
    I live in Dublin, phibsborough, and I need a place where to buy plywood and the necessary material. i dont have a car, and i dont have many tools, so if you can suggest me a place that is close, and that could help me out with some tools, that would be great!
    thank you very much,
    Rota

Most builder merchants will deliver so just find the nearest one, visit, check in the yard that what they are selling is what you want then pay ;) . For a single sheet you'll have to wait till they are in your area or passing with a bigger load but delivery should be free.

Then all you need is a hard point saw about €12.50, hopefully you already have a tape measure?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

Probably best since you don't have many tools to find somewhere that will cut the sheets to size.

You will need 5 sheets in total will cost (which depending on whether or not it is to be good looking or not) you between €60 and €300 plus cutting fee and delivery.

I believe Woodworkers in Mounttallant Ave have a saw and deliver.

The Panelling centre's usually have a saw but charge €40 to deliver.

Advertisement