Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Little corruption' in Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Shea O'Meara

jimmmy wrote: »
    Do not think it has always anything to do with Fianna Fail. For example, ask those suppliers of services and goods to the govt...kickbacks are sometimes literally asked for , never mind just expected....one purchasing manager in a govt dept asked for 150 worth of goods a week for his family if he was to give the contract etc.

Let's just say, it's Fianna Fail more often than not. I agree its systemic, a Councillor getting the rules bent a little for an old pal or local clinic attendee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭seclachi

Irelands always been a nation of chancers, I think we`ll never be free of the TD`s nephew having some high up public service job, or the ole brown envelope from property developers. Thats pretty much because given the chance anybody would take advantage of these little "perks".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

And yet, the survey says....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭seclachi

asdasd wrote: »
    And yet, the survey says....

Thats my point, theres "bribe the police chief about a murder" corruption and then theres irish brown envelope corruption. Sure there a million miles apart, just like say the murder rate in ireland and in many other countrys (despite what the press might flap on about)

Doesn't stop it pissing me off though, and its still corruption.

Advertisement