Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buyer rights?

• 17-11-2009 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

What is the deal if you purchase a motor with a bank draft from private buyer, drive down the road and the oil light comes on and engine packs it?

any come back to the seller?:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

No come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

No comeback, i'm afraid. Did you not have a mechanic examine the car before buying?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Caveat emptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

Sh*t ,friend got stung

blueyedson wrote: »
    Sh*t ,friend got stung
    Friend should have checked the car out properly before buying it, i'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

if the bank draft hasnt gone through yet contact the bank and tell them to cancel it,then f**k the car back onto his driveway and walk off

not necessarily,under the sale of goods and supply of services act 1980 the buyer has comeback because it was faulty before he bought it,so if it was me i'd definitely exercise my right to get my moneys back.

Bonito wrote: »
    if the bank draft hasnt gone through yet contact the bank and tell them to cancel it,then f**k the car back onto his driveway and walk off
    As betafrog said, that would be fraud.

not necessarily,under the sale of goods and supply of services act 1980 the buyer has comeback because it was faulty before he bought it,so if it was me i'd definitely exercise my right to get my moneys back.
    AFAIK the Sale of Goods Act doesn't apply to private purchases?

Anan1 wrote: »
    AFAIK the Sale of Goods Act doesn't apply to private purchases?
    im 90% certain it does,same as with HP? Couple of years since I went over it but if the seller was dishonest about the cars condition he should have some way of come back, hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

im 90% certain it does,same as with HP? Couple of years since I went over it but if the seller was dishonest about the cars condition he should have some way of come back, hopefully.

If the fault appeared after the sale, as it seems the OP is suggesting, there is no legal remedy.

Advertisement