Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Font Help?

• 17-11-2009 2:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here can help...

I have downloaded a font that I need to use on my work PC which is not connected to the net. I have downloaded it to my laptop and have installed it and it's working fine.

When I try and use it on my work PC it wont't install.

Does anyone know how to get it working?

I don't think it's a security thing as an Adminstrator box usually appears in that case..

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Have you copied the font into the fonts folders? Usually C:\windows\fonts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    Have you copied the font into the fonts folders? Usually C:\windows\fonts

Yea that is what I am doing - but I get an error box saying to wait until windows is finished using the file and try again but that error keeps popping up.

I tried to print screen but it wont work.

Any suggestions?

Could you download the font again to make sure it's not corrupted.

It's like that with the 10 fonts I've downloaded - same error message. They work perfectly on my laptop but not on my work PC...

OK what happens if you open Control Panel and then open Fonts, Go to File and install new font and install the font that way.
    See if it works.

• Advertisement

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    OK what happens if you open Control Panel and then open Fonts, Go to File and install new font and install the font that way.
    See if it works.

No I still get the same error message but I was able to print screen it this time.

Do you have admin rights on the pc?
    See here

Edit: As it's a work pc I doubt you have admin access. Maybe one of your IT guys could install it for you.

Thanks for all your help

Advertisement