Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at Colbert Station

Options
  • 17-11-2009 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Would appreciate info on the following:

Could one be reasonably sure of a vacant parking space at Colbert Station before the 5.35 a.m. train to Dublin?

How much to park there from then until about 9.00 p.m.?

Is it as safe a place as any to park?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Teadrinker wrote: »
    Would appreciate info on the following:

Could one be reasonably sure of a vacant parking space at Colbert Station before the 5.35 a.m. train to Dublin?

How much to park there from then until about 9.00 p.m.?

Is it as safe a place as any to park?

Thanks.

I have parked there at that time before not returning until 10pm, without any problems, there is plenty of space at that time in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Park in front of the main building. Don't park down the side of it unless you want to risk your car being broken into.

As for price, I think once you pay going in, that's it for as long as you are there, used to be two euro going in. Have not used in in an age so not sure if that has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

Kess73 wrote: »
    Park in front of the main building. Don't park down the side of it unless you want to risk your car being broken into.

As for price, I think once you pay going in, that's it for as long as you are there, used to be two euro going in. Have not used in in an age so not sure if that has changed.

Just to repeat what Kess said about parking at the front of the builiding (should be spaces at that hour of the morning). I have parked down the side in the past, and have had some damage done (nothing major, a shattered side window etc., probably caused by stone-throwing).

Also, last time i parked there, the charge had increased to either 3 or 4 euro (and kess is correct - you pay on the way in), but you can park there all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

Thanks for the replies and the advice. Very helpful. Seems it's Euro 4 for the day now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

you're right, it has gone up to 4 euro, don't forget that the machine doesn't give change or accept notes. I always try and make sure I have at least 6 euro in 1euro coins as I can guarantee that at least 1 of the coins will not be accepted!

• Advertisement
Advertisement