Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Windows 7 theme is this?

• 17-11-2009 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

Guys, I changed me windows theme the other day but want to revert back to the one I had. Troube is I can't remember which layout/theme it was.

Its the one where if you move the mouse cursor over the IE button on the taskbar..you get a preview window of the different windows currently open.

Aslo, I reinstalled windows 7 this morning and I noticed that when I type on my keyboard that the @ button is achieved by pressing shift+2(which has the " icon), whereas before it was achieved by the shift+@ button?? How can I fix this as its very annoying especially when typing emails out.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

I dont know about your theme but it seems like your keyboard is set to USA. I presume you can change this in the control panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,996 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

sounds like you want the Aero theme back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭homer911

Guys, I changed me windows theme the other day but want to revert back to the one I had. Troube is I can't remember which layout/theme it was.

Its the one where if you move the mouse cursor over the IE button on the taskbar..you get a preview window of the different windows currently open.

This is standard taskbar functionality - it has nothing to do with the theme selected

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

homer911 wrote: »
    This is standard taskbar functionality - it has nothing to do with the theme selected

You can turn it on for any given theme, I think - it's called Aero Peek and you can turn it on or off in the Taskbar & Start Menu properties window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Fysh wrote: »
    You can turn it on for any given theme, I think - it's called Aero Peek and you can turn it on or off in the Taskbar & Start Menu properties window.

Yeah its aero peek that I'm after...but I don't know where to activate it. I tried looking in the task bar/start properties but can't find it. I have aero shake and aero snap functions working...but not aero peek :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Yeah its aero peek that I'm after...but I don't know where to activate it. I tried looking in the task bar/start properties but can't find it. I have aero shake and aero snap functions working...but not aero peek :confused::confused:
    Right Click on the Taskbar > Properties > See below:

1298d1238353998-aero-peek-turn-off-properties.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Right click taskbar>Properties, in that window tick "Use Aero peek to preview desktop", you must have the aero theme enabled for this, if you cant enable it try updating your video card driver, re-running the windows expierience rating test, then try again :)

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Right click taskbar>Properties, in that window tick "Use Aero peek to preview desktop", you must have the aero theme enabled for this, if you cant enable it try updating your video card driver, re-running the windows expierience rating test, then try again :)

Nick

I have the aero peek preview button clicked in the taskbar properties and I also have the an aero theme selected. I have aero snap and shake features working..but not the aero peek function.

Below is the screen showing my Windows Experience Index...which is 1.0 I understand that this would indicate that the machine is unable to run aero themes. But everything was working 100% before I reinstalled windows 7.

As I said, I reinstalled windows 7 the other day....and I wonder would my graphics card driver not be recognised? Its a radeon 5850. Don't know how I go about seeing if my graphics card is updated or even working?? Any suggestions on how to help?

Problem Fixed....feel kinda stupid, but only had to reinstall the graphics card driver and re-run the Windows experience Index to refresh it.

Have everything sorted now. Thanks guys for the info.:D

Advertisement