Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy cameras online?

• 17-11-2009 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a Powershot A480 or similar and I'm looking for the cheapest place to buy it from(including shipping). Any ideas where I should look?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,157 ✭✭✭dinneenp

the obvious places:
    Ebay (try ebay.com if you have a friend in the USA), Amazon, adverts.ie.

I find cameralabs.co.uk good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Checked a few of the online places I use and they are all showing as back ordered or out of stock. Pixmania.ie have them for €98 + €7.99 dhl shipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

Pixmania looks about the best at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I usually shop around then end up going with Pixmania! The fact they accept Laser card is a big + for me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Pixmania, Amazon, Ebay are where I've bought in the past

Amazon uk have had free irish shipping recently (and irish vat )

• Registered Users Posts: 47 war10ck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Just a word of warning for some online purchasing.
    I recently bought a Canon Speedlite from OneStop-Digital. Never had any
    problems buying from there in the past but yesterday received a letter from
    Revenue/Customs to say my package was being held and they would inform
    me of the Customs payment once I send them my invoice or reciept.

EDIT:
    Just on the onestop website and they provide a VAT refund ... but only to the UK!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Panrich

Komplett have this camera for €95. Very reliable and in stock too. Bought one myself yesterday for my sons birthday.

Advertisement