Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Rock/Metal Playlists Do You Have on Your iPod?

• 17-11-2009 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

I'm just very curious to see what kind of rock/metal playlists people have on their iPods. This might also give other people more ideas for some grat or unusual playlists. Here's what I have:

All Time Favourite Live Songs - AC/DC, Rush, Fields of The Nephilim, Emperor, Thin Lizzy, Scorpions, David Bowie, U2, Dissection etc

Awesome Metal - Amorphis, Lord Belial, Dimmu Borgir, Iron Maiden, Nokturnal Mortum, In Flames, Paradise Lost, Old Man's Child, Hammerfall, Anathema, In The Woods etc

Classic 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's Rock
    - Rush, Jimi Hendrix, Kiss, Blue Öyster Cult, Bryan Adams, Scorpions, Saxon, David Bowie, ZZ Top, U2, Katatonia, The Kinks, Pearl Jam, Thin Lizzy, Hawkwind, Alice Cooper, Deep Purple etc.

Classic Ballads - Scorpions, Bryan Adams, Anathema, Heart, Roy Orbison, Prince, Marillion, Hammerfall, Bruce Springstein

Excellent Alternative Rock - Manic Street Preachers, Pulp, The Smiths, Oasis, Foo Fighters, Katatonia, Faith No More, Cave In, Sleeping Beauty etc.

Gothic Metal - Tiamat, Paradise Lost, Tristania, Moonspell, Type O Negative, To/Die/For, Sentenced, Draconian etc.

Killer Opening, Ending and Title Songs
    - This playlist mainly consistis of songs that open an album, classic ending songs and lots of truly amazing title songs.

Old School Black Metal - Bathory, Celtic Frost, Venom, Mercyful Fate, Dissection, Satyricon, Cradle of Filth, Darkthrone, Mayhem, Enslaved, Immortal, Carpathian Forest, Old Man's Child, Bloodthorn, Bewitched, Dark Funeral etc.

Old School Gothic Rock - Fields of The Nephilim, NFD, The Mission UK, The Eden House, Sisters of Mercy, Nosferatu, Joy Division, Elusive, The Damned, Love Like Blood, Bauhaus etc.

Old School Hard Rock/Heavy Metal
    - Judas Priest, Saxon, Deep Purple, Whitesnake, Iron Maiden, Free, Bad Company, Saxon, ZZ Top, Def Leppard, Scorpions, AC/DC. Gary Moore, Black Sabbath, The Cult, Led Zeppelin, Rainbow, Guns N' Roses, Kiss, Aerosmith, Blue Öyster Cult, Status Quo, Budgie, Twisted Sister, UFO.

So what kind of playlists do you, and what is on them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

i set my playlists up a bit differently
    i choose a song ,a favourite song like slipknots"before i forget" or sick of it all "step down" and use the genius function on itunes and let that select the playlist
    its brilliant the songs it ll pick out for ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I don't have an iPod :(. I do however have a Creative Zen. I don't bother with playlists. I used to but then I'd want to listen to a song that wasn't on the current playlist and it is fiddly to navigate back and forth on the Zen. Nowadays on the rare occasions when I do use it I just set it to random play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

I just have one playlist with all my favourite tunes, then have it on shuffle, does the job!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I don't really use a playlist, I just turn on random stuff depending on my mood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Denny M wrote: »
    I don't really use a playlist, I just turn on random stuff depending on my mood

Same as. I've never made any sort of playlist, it looks like a awful load of hassle to make anyway. Depending on what I feel like I just pick an album and play it. I don't think I've ever even used the 'shuffle' mode on my mp3 player.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Only time I ever set aside playlists is to listen to new stuff I have got

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

GrizzlyMan wrote: »
    I just have one playlist with all my favourite tunes, then have it on shuffle, does the job!

I'm sure shuffle must use up a bit of battery power surely. I've turned off shuffle on for that reason. What I do instead is shuffle them by clicking on the shuffle button at the bottom. I do that everytime I've finished a playlist so I'll never have to listen to them in the exact same order.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Same as. I've never made any sort of playlist, it looks like a awful load of hassle to make anyway. Depending on what I feel like I just pick an album and play it. I don't think I've ever even used the 'shuffle' mode on my mp3 player.

Are you me? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭time42play

endasmail wrote: »
    i set my playlists up a bit differently
    i choose a song ,a favourite song like slipknots"before i forget" or sick of it all "step down" and use the genius function on itunes and let that select the playlist
    its brilliant the songs it ll pick out for ya

LOVE the genius playlists! It usually finds stuff I've forgotten I had on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

Mostly metal and audio book stuff on my Creative Zen. The only playlist is of a recent setlist by Amon Amarth, that i have copied, but using the tracks taken from the relevant studio albums. I found the playlist setup function on the Zen to be awkward and not in any way intuitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Playlists? How about Music -> Artists -> Clutch -> All. Nuff said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

blastman wrote: »
    Are you me? :)

News to me if I am :p

Advertisement