Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usb key?

Options
  • 17-11-2009 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

lost my usb key this morning in Elements about 10-11am...its a blue UCD one..if anyone hears about it/finds it, please let me know :(:(

Thanks!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Sorry to hear about your USB key:

Everyone would be well advised to use UCD Connect Files, Microsoft's SkyDrive, or Dropbox rather than bothering with USB keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Did you try services in the Science building? Somebody may have handed it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Another thing people should consider doing is having a file on their USB key named "Please Open if Found" which has some contact details in.

I'm forever finding them around the place, opening them to find out people's student number, e-mailing them and handing them into somewhere safe.

Hoepfully you find it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Got a message saying there was one handed into Science Services, will check if its mine tomorrow, please god!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I got it :D

Thanks to whoever handed it in! :D nice to know there are people out there that do nice things :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

You can get programs to sit on USB keys to track them if they get lost / stolen. But I don't know if the interest would be there in the student body to pay for that type of thing?

Advertisement