Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First post and welcome

Options
  • 17-11-2009 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭

Yayyy! Now lets get started!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Ummm. What happens now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Oryx wrote: »
    Ummm. What happens now?

Dunno!

Seriously though, I will start a few threads over the next day or two which will help people get the idea of what fits in here hopefully!

For example, I would have started that thread on UFOs here instead of Paranormal if this forum had been here, maybe you could move it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Who's writing the charter?

Who's writing the charter?

One of the mods I would assume, but I would be happy to do one for tomorrow if not!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

win. i'll see if i can get some stuff up tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Cool! I shall add my subscription posthaste!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Cool! I shall add my subscription posthaste!
    I subscribed before there were any posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Congrats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Awesome.

I WIN!!

and there's a thank button?

Quick everyone thank this post!!!

HURRY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

:)Class! Well done Slow Mo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

ooh, think this will be really neat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Whats this about?

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Whats this about?
    anomalous phenomena

anomalous phenomena

Whats that?

Things happening without an easy explanation, like a rain of fish.

Whats that?

To answer you here is something I thought might be usefull for the charter

"The usual rules apply, no spamming, no text speak, no personal abuse, love one another and all that.

What is welcome in this forum in terms of content? Quite a bit I should think. Cryptozoology, Ufology, fringe and not so fringe science. A bit of Paranormal crossover will probably happen too which I think is fine to a degree. Tales of the strange, wierd, urban myths, and stuff that just doesn't seem to fit elswhere.

Who is welcome here? Everyone except, trolls, spammers and those with closed minds. As long as you are prepared to accept others opinions differ from yours that is fine. Reasoned debate, debunking and disagreements are welcome as long as they are done with respect to others."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

To answer you here is something I thought might be usefull for the charter

"The usual rules apply, no spamming, no text speak, no personal abuse, love one another and all that.

What is welcome in this forum in terms of content? Quite a bit I should think. Cryptozoology, Ufology, fringe and not so fringe science. A bit of Paranormal crossover will probably happen too which I think is fine to a degree. Tales of the strange, wierd, urban myths, and stuff that just doesn't seem to fit elswhere.

Who is welcome here? Everyone except, trolls, spammers and those with closed minds. As long as you are prepared to accept others opinions differ from yours that is fine. Reasoned debate, debunking and disagreements are welcome as long as they are done with respect to others."
    Sounds awesome, congrats :)

Oh well..

My mind is firmly shut to such nonsense. Guess I wont be frequenting here then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Just missed out on Friday the 13th too.

Oh well..

:(

• Advertisement

Oh well..

You mean you think science has explained everything? I sure hope not.

Deki wrote: »
    You mean you think science has explained everything? I sure hope not.

Not yet.

well, then maybe some open mind examination will lead to concrete conclusions? You at least might be amused if you hang around?

If the request thread is anything to go by, this should be a great forum for when you've got a bit of time on your hands.

I remember opening a link that Nerin posted and then spending three or four hours reading around the subject of the link. Great stuff altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Oh well..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Oryx wrote: »
    Ummm. What happens now?
    Now, we examine Bat Boy!
    batboy.jpg

*cough*

I mean, we get Rev. Lionel to call round on his motorbike to tell us about all sorts of strange and wonderful things!

Is there a reason this forum wouldn't be showing up under the Soc heading at the top of the page yet? Or is it there and I'm just blind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hondaboy

hello everybody total noob to this kind of thing just tought id say hi
    :D:D:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Is there a reason this forum wouldn't be showing up under the Soc heading at the top of the page yet? Or is it there and I'm just blind?

It'll take a day or two for it to show up there unfortunately!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yay! Congrats :D

Advertisement