Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas bonus dole bonus

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 StevoC

yeah.. I know there is no bonus but was just wondering dates when the post offices were closed. I want to visit my family for Christmas but dont know the dates that I need to back in Dub to collect the dole..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

How nice of you to notice :rolleyes:

When you've quite finished throwing out accusations and following people about the place trying to pick holes in their posts, perhaps you could tell us what the long term unemployed have done for us?

Try not to confuse long term unemployed with genuinely disabled or those with genuine reasons for not taking up [aid employment during that time, kthxbai.
    Daithinski wrote: »
    Rev Blue jeans thanked this post.

He must have a bit of a split personality judging by another post of his

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63324746#post63324746

"I wouldn't make fun of anyone. There but for the grace of god and all that. "

Practice what you preach Reverant...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Zsuzso71

Hi All,

Can you tell me anyone: disabled person gets Christmas Bonus? I am wondering about my bank account. I get Disability Allowance for a year, and...I think, I've got this Bonus, also.
    Thanks
    Best
    Zs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Zsuzso71 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Can you tell me anyone: disabled person gets Christmas Bonus? I am wondering about my bank account. I get Disability Allowance for a year, and...I think, I've got this Bonus, also.
    Thanks
    Best
    Zs.

The Christmas bonus payments for 2009 were suspended in the supplementary budget in April this year, so, no bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

Hi All,

Thanks
    Best
    Zs.
    thats next weeks payment you got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭max 73

i dont want to sound harsh but getting a bonus for not working is laughable.....i work hard and not going to get a bonus - where's the logic???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Daithinski

Hi All,

Thanks
    Best
    Zs.

Its a testament to the crapness of Social Welfare admin system that people come to boards.ie for info rather than their local social welfare office.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Daithinski wrote: »
    Its a testament to the crapness of Social Welfare admin system that people come to boards.ie for info rather than their local social welfare office.

Eh no it is not.
    All the information is available online if people searched for it themselves instead of asking the same questions on Boards over and over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lindseyhigcol

efb wrote: »
    People on JSB didn't get it, just JSA...
    it pays to sponge long term...

My husband is on JSA two years.Any job he has applied for since, he is over qualified ( even minimum wage paying jobs), so it's not as if he is not tryi9ng to get a job, he is no sponger, and to set the record, he was on JSB last Christmas and JSA this year, and he didn't get a bonus for either.

I am not saying he should have, I am just letting you know that he was at one stage or other, one of the two benefits and didn't get it.

I think it was always just single mothers and OAPS , but I am willing to put my hand in the air if I am wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It was people on JSA for 15 months or more who used to get the Christmas bonus. (Also, pensioners, carers and the disabled).

• Advertisement
Advertisement