Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Neighbours Pet dog

Options
  • 17-11-2009 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

My recently moved in neighbours dog has been pooping on our garden lawn a couple of times, he's just a pup, but its happening when the neighbbours are looking at him. I've cleaned it up once and my wife gave out to me saying they were watching him do it.

Now I dont want to go in there all guns blazing as they are new to the estate but has anyone any ideas how to handle this issue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

'Your dog has been pooing on our lawn, I would appreciate if you would clean up after him. Thanks, and welcome to the neighbourhood.'
    Start as you mean to go on with new neighbours, ie. polite but expecting and offering respectful behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Yeah I'd just have a quiet word -- if the pup's out there pooping and they're watching, just go out - say 'heya, lovely lil pup you have there - I'm X, nice to meet you.' they say hi back, you say in a nice way 'by the way I don't mind your pup on the lawn but if you could clean up after him please' or something similar. Best say it now in the beginning. Personally if one of mine pooped in someones garden I'd be legging it in to clean up (I do clean up on walks anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Fling the poo into their garden?

How old are the new neighbours? Young, or very old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

There old enough to know thats its wrong, prolly mid to late twenties, if I fling it into their garden does it not mean I'm cleaning up after them again. I'll try the direct approach throw it at their front door!!

Joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

they may not want to go onto your property, that is tresspassing after all, i'd try the introduction and polite asking of the poop clearence first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

Being a new estate is it that there isn't any fences between the houses?? if so you know the old saying,,,,good fences make good neighbours,,,,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Run DMC

Its a dog owners right to have there dog poop anywhere it wants. Its your fault that you are not a doogie person and have a problem with it. The dog is just doing what comes naturally and marking its territory. So what if your precious garden gets destroyed.

Run DMC wrote: »
    Its a dog owners right to have there dog poop anywhere it wants. Its your fault that you are not a doogie person and have a problem with it. The dog is just doing what comes naturally and marking its territory. So what if your precious garden gets destroyed.

Actually, it's not a dog owners right. They're pooping on someone elses private property. And in some areas you can be fined for not cleaning up your dogs mess. Also marking territory is done by weeing.
    So I advice next time you come in with smart comments - you do your homework.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

Run DMC wrote: »

what's a doogie? ;)

but i think DMC is right, it's about time someone stood up for the dog's right to poop! Cat's have been doing it everywhere for thousands of years, why not dogs too! :D

EDIT
    sorry - i thought DMC was being sarcastic, in that case strike my comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Run DMC

I am being sarcastic. I wanted people to see what ridiculous arguements some dog owners use when confronted. As has happened to me. These people seem to think their precious animals are all sweetness and light and can do no wrong. It's time people stood up to them.

If your neighbors dog is fouling your property contact the council. If that doesn't fix it then take more direct action.

Advertisement