Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for 2yr NZ Work Visa? Suggestions

Options
  • 17-11-2009 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Ok so as topic title says I'm in process of applying for a the 2yr Working Visa for New Zealand.

My problem is reading through all the different forms I'm lost as to what I need to actually include as I really don't want to miss out on something and have more delays.

I know I need to include with form:
    Proof of Work (Have form filled in from job and copy of contract)
    Medical Visa (Have all the forms back as well as chest x-ray)
    Garda Clearance letter
    Birth Certificate (long or short?)

Am i forgetting anything or should I include anything additional?
    Also does any one know the exact address I need to send it to? (all it says is local embassy etc)

Many thanks for any helpful suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Jesus!!!

Is this sh1t all necessary?? I got my oz visa no bother 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Jesus Balkie, you're coming over here?
    Where ya hitting?

brendansmith, he his getting a work permit, not a working holiday visa. Different requirements.

Balkie, your employer needs to fill out the Employer set of forms too. Also there is your medical forms, and then your application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Coming back over there you mean ;).
    I lived in Welly for a year (came back in July for medical reasons) so will be heading back to my job there as soon as permit etc is sorted out. May even get round to visiting your neck of the woods this time round!!

Yeah cheers mate, have the forms filled in from work before I left (hopefully should suffice), had the medical all done and dusted last week so just the long ass application form to fill out. Does qualifications i.e. copies of degrees have to be included? I presume I'll have to send it to london?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Rabies wrote: »
    brendansmith, he his getting a work permit, not a working holiday visa. Different requirements.

Phewwww!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Only include them if its relevant to your job or if you're applying for residency. Although it can do no harm either way.

I think you mentioned you were in Welly before. Can't remember.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Photocopies should do for a permit. I got my work permit only a few days ago, quick enough process although they do give themselves 70 days to do it. If they need to see the original they will ask for it.

I have applied for residency as well though so the x rays and birth certs they all ready received and had on file or copies of them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Goiter

What's it like work wise over there? Is it better or worse than oz?

Advertisement