Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marquee flooring

Options
  • 17-11-2009 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have rented a marquee for a 21st party. I have been trying to keep down the costs as much as possible, so I haven't rented the floor with the marquee just yet. The floor was costing €300 which is nearly as much as the marquee including lights and heaters ! The guy I'm renting it from said that the floor he supplies is basically just sheets of plywood. Would anyone know of a cheap way to get a floor sorted for a marquee, any material is fine, needs to cover the floor of 6m x 12m.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hey

Well if you knew anyone in the building trade you could ask them, where are you Dublin/Cork elsewhere...

You could try calling into a Builders providers you might be able to get a deal on some ply or , another one if you could find a used building material place there are a few of them it would even be cheaper there...

We have put marquees up for parties and just put sheets of ply down but then dads a builder so things like that were always around. If you let me know where you are I can search and see for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dela8

thanks for the reply. I live on the Northside of Dublin. i have asked a few friends in building trades but none have had an ideas as of yet. Any info/help eould be really appreciated.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hello Again

mm well I was just asking my friend there shes up in Dublin , and she suggested checking Dublins council website and see if there is anything there about salvage yards, places that sell on recycled building materials.

Or I just found this one if you contacted them they may have something http://www.macswarehouse.ie/ it would be worth a shot id say probably end up paying a lot less for the flooring...Other than that all i can think is if you have a flat surface you might get away with some lino but then again you will have to source it from the builders providers or doy store I think I would go ply though before that.

One other site is Jumble Town not to sure if you heard of it. Basically a website for people who want to get rid of stuff lying around their house or sheds, most of the stuff is for free on it people just want to be rid of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

dela8 wrote: »
    I have rented a marquee for a 21st party. I have been trying to keep down the costs as much as possible, so I haven't rented the floor with the marquee just yet. The floor was costing €300 which is nearly as much as the marquee including lights and heaters ! The guy I'm renting it from said that the floor he supplies is basically just sheets of plywood. Would anyone know of a cheap way to get a floor sorted for a marquee, any material is fine, needs to cover the floor of 6m x 12m.

Cheers
    get the very light 6fx4f sheets there thin and light and cheap
    get some 6inch nails and some duct type put the sheet down inside the marquee
    and hammer about 6 nails in each sheet after you done all that tape all the seams with the duct tape and you have a very good floor and looks well to when complete besta luck..

Advertisement