Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Party Restaurant Ideas!!

Options
  • 17-11-2009 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hey guys, sorry to bore you all with what I'm sure is fast beoming a ubiquitous subject but I'm pretty lost on this one as I'm relatively new to the city.
    I have been given the task of picking a restaurant for a Christmas party scheduled for Friday, December 18th for 7 people. I was hoping for somewhere that isn't too formal that has great food. Staring at each other over candlelight could prove akward!
    I guess we're hoping for good food, reasonably priced booze (I can not stress the importance of this enough), and a nearby nice bar. Any ideas?
    Thanks a mil guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

Thunder Road cafe is a lovely restaurant. The staff sing on the counter, there's a lovely menu, they do a full bar with cocktails and anytime I'm there, there is a great atmosphere. Also there are lots of bars and niteclubs around that area for afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 A.Blinkin

Thanks for the suggestion but I think we're looking at somewhere around Ringsend, Merrion Row way now as we're going to head to Shelbourne Pk after. I'm waiting to hear back from FXB on Pembroke St and I tried Bang Cafe but they're fully booked. Arrrgh. I really didn't think a month in advance was leaving it too late to book anywhere. Anyone have any suggestions for around that area. Thanks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

choi Yo on baggot street, cater for large parties.

personally, i hate the food but everyone else i know likes it and you can book a table where the chef will cook the food in front of you. this place is not good for vegetarians

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 A.Blinkin

Ok. So the choice is now Chatham Brasserie or FXB Pembroke Street. We figure if we make it to the dogs then we do but we're not going to book in advance. What if it rained.... :O Haha!!
    Obviously Chatham Brasserie may be handier in terms of pub location...but is the food way better in FXB? Please gimme your thoughts. Shanks, I mean Thanks.... Mmmmh, lamb. It's hard to sit in work and decide between endless menus. I'm hungry..

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

FXB's is nice and the pembroke across the road should be good for a drink pre and post Dinner before heading into town by foot. The Dogs at Christmas is a nightmare, seriously packed and you just won't enjoy it, after a meal you need to sit down and have a few pints to collect yourself before the Disco Dancing Begins !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I doubt you will get a booking at this stage, if you do, expect to give credit card details and, (sorry to be mister doom and gloom) don't be surprised if the food isn't great.

Nothing worse than going to your favorite restaurant in the run up to xmas, set menus and rushed food.

Advertisement