Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advice please

Options
  • 17-11-2009 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi Everyone,

My boiler just packed in and its not covered under my house insurance because of wear & tear. Unfortunately the boiler is so old that I will have to replace it with a new one which at the moment I cant afford. I have a bank loan that I have with my bank. I recently did a refinance on my loan where the bank said that I cant borrow for at least 2 years. If I went to my bank manager do you think he would give me an emergency loan to get the boiler repaired

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Well if you have an aggrement its unlikely. But there's no harm in trying.
    Is there any other way you can get the money for the boiler?
    Do you have any savings with the credit union?

Im just guessing here because you said you made the agreement with the bank. But are you unemployed? If you are you could try the relieving officer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Hi Everyone,

My boiler just packed in and its not covered under my house insurance because of wear & tear. Unfortunately the boiler is so old that I will have to replace it with a new one which at the moment I cant afford. I have a bank loan that I have with my bank. I recently did a refinance on my loan where the bank said that I cant borrow for at least 2 years. If I went to my bank manager do you think he would give me an emergency loan to get the boiler repaired

Thanks in advance

I'm not being funny, but if they said you can't borrow for at least 2 years, you can't borrow for 2 years. It's as simple as that.

And anyhow I doubt the credit union will let you borrow either unless you have savings with them. It would appear that you have little or no net disposable income / excessive short term debt if you had to refinance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 scarecrow1976

Thanks for responding. I dont have a credit union account. Unfortunately the money I had saved up I had to use to repair my car a few weeks ago because the timing belt went and then 2 weeks later the clutch went. Not having the best of luck lately. hopefully my luck will change soon

Advertisement