Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breed 77 - Insects

Options
  • 17-11-2009 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Have been listening to Insects since last night and have been quite surprised at how good it is.

I like Cultura when it came out, but everything else that Breed 77 did was a bit meh for me.

Picked it up on a whim yesterday as I had a voucher to use up, and it is a nice mix of styles, with much gruffer vocals than their earlier albums, and some really good guitar work. Bloody catchy at times too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Kess73 wrote: »
    Have been listening to Insects since last night and have been quite surprised at how good it is.
    I like Cultura when it came out, but everything else that Breed 77 did was a bit meh for me.
    Picked it up on a whim yesterday as I had a voucher to use up, and it is a nice mix of styles, with much gruffer vocals than their earlier albums, and some really good guitar work. Bloody catchy at times too.
    Haven't bothered with them since In My Blood (En Mi Sangre) which was just pish. Cultura for me was just a rehash of the debut (which I loved) but they are still great live so may get this.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Haven't bothered with them since In My Blood (En Mi Sangre) which was just pish. Cultura for me was just a rehash of the debut (which I loved) but they are still great live so may get this.

Insects is an awful lot better than Cultura and everything that followed that album.

There is a great thrash vibe to some of it's guitar sound. Really reminded me of late 80's/early 90's guitar solos from the likes of Heathen or Atrophy.

It also strikes me as an album that would be very good live. Although the opening intro is a rip off of the opening intro to Persistence Of Time.

Advertisement