Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin's newest comedy club!

• 17-11-2009 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey guys

Just to let you all know their is a new comedy club after opening up every second Monday, downstairs in Cassidy's on Westmoreland St..the 27Comedyclub!...We have an open mic section where anyone can get up and do a spot, even a couple of mins, or if they want to try out new stuff!..The next night is MON 30TH NOV....anyone interested should contact [email]27comedyclub@gmail.com...ADM[/email] is a 5iver and 2Euro for students, their are also special drink promotions!...

Hope you can make it!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

What time does it star ? Do you have names or is it only open mic ?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 GBF

Hi

It's om tonight, it starts approx 8.30...they're are a few comedians on first and then after the break they have an open mic session and anyone can get up!...

Hope you can make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Sounds like a great idea :) Let me know how you get on, might have to head down some night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I would've popped down but I was doing a slot at Laugh Out Loud. How did it go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭Damon Blake

It was a lot of fun, Cassidy's is such a nice venue- even if the crowd do have a tendency to move into the corner.

I hope it continues to go well, it was an enjoyable evening (note: I do not normally enjoy myself). The chap who performed from Trinity (Dan Flanagan I think?) had funny material and instead of anyone jumping up during the open spot other comics got up and did a minute of material, which was fun.

Which is the sort of thing I want in my live comedy.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the response Damon, glad u enjoyed it, I really liked your gig....

It's a good little club, we're slowly building it up but so far so good, and a lot of comedians seem to like performing there, it's a great little venue, with good sound and lighting, and the open mic slot seems to go down really well which is great. The next one is on Monday 14th December and the promises to have a great line up...You can check more details at The27ComedyClub on Facebook!...

Is there one on the 21st? Could I come and do a slot?

Hey

The next one is on the 12th December if that suits you, you are welcome to do a slot at that one if you like?

Sorry, the next one is the 14th of December!

GBF wrote: »
    Sorry, the next one is the 14th of December!

I've the launch of a new music project on the 15th so the 14th will be a late night of hair pulling and tweaking in the studio unfortunately! Do you have another after booked yet?

• Advertisement

Oh I know your pain!...The next one is on Mon 11th January!!...Hope you can make it!....

Hi guys, the 27 Comedy club (Cassidys, Westmorleand St) is back in action this Monday the 25th Jamuary!...Adm is a Fiver and two quid for students!...There's also an open mic bit where anybody can get up!...Hope you can make it!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

It's on tonight!

Was great the last night, though I got there half way through. Should be able to get there earlier this time.

Advertisement