Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WOODIES

Options
  • 17-11-2009 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

I was up in the park , carrickmines this evening and as i was walking past woodies DIY superstore a sign blew over in a freak breeze , this was a fairly high sign , over 4 foot high on a heavy metal frame , the base of it was metal but not very wide , and the sign was standing freely except for a few cobble bricks which were on the base , i presume to prevent the sign from blowing over , well it blew over and the bricks were not enough to hold it , if the sign had have hit me as it fell over onto the footpath i feel i would have been severely injured , because the metal frame of this sign is heavy .

I was going to leave it and not complain , however i did go into the shop and complain as i was concerned that this sign could fall over onto a child and i think it could kill a child , so i went in and told the lady at reception/queries desk , she quickly waved her hands up in the air and called someone up , so i thought ok they are going to handle it , so i left the shop .

About five minutes later i walked past woodies again after being in another shop , the sign was back up with the cobble bricks under it , ready to fall again in a freak breeze , :mad:

I think that sign should be securely bolted to the ground or else tied securely at the top .

The reason i am posting this here is that i am concerned that someone is going to be seriously injured because this sign on a heavy frame is not secured except with some little cobble bricks at the base which obviously are not working .

I tried explaining to the staff in woodies about the danger this sign could be to children walking past the shop , but i feel they are not taking this seriously.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Jaysus, that's a terror

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Moved from After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Nah they're not taking it seriously.. But what can ya do!

Tell someone American, they'll go and get hit by it and make a nice sum for themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

espinolman wrote: »

The reason i am posting this here is that i am concerned that someone is going to be seriously injured because this sign on a heavy frame is not secured except with some little cobble bricks at the base which obviously are not working .

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

haw haw

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

God it's good to see humour on the boards as the actual humour section has been complete crap in recent months...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

OP you should try consumer issues or the south dublin forum, its not really a dublin city issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

Didn't someone get killed in a DIY yard sometime in the past year by stuff falling over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

NedTermo wrote: »
    Didn't someone get killed in a DIY yard sometime in the past year by stuff falling over?

Hit by a falling price?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

NedTermo wrote: »

yeah, in B&Q. Something fell off the top of one of the storage shelves above the normal shelves.

Think it was a Dublin branch, possibly Tallaght?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Yes it was Tallaght. This thread is going nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

ian_m wrote: »
    Yes it was Tallaght. This thread is going nowhere.

+1, bigtime!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement