Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions of this Pool Table

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Dunno. It looks nice tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭rizzee

Very nice, good price for a 7ft.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭grifter09

Does it have a slate bed? An important consideration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

grifter09 wrote: »
    Does it have a slate bed? An important consideration.

I presume it doesn't, or they'd say so. It'd also be a lot heavier with a slate bed. Maybe better to pay more and get a slate bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭grifter09

Sorry for my delayed reply here but I only just came across this post now.
    But basically yea. Slate dosen't warp like wood does over time. So you'll alway have a flat table. The legs may need tweeks from time to time but thats all.
    If your budget allows it I would make the stretch.Maybe a reconditioned pub table. I have a guy who has supplied me with two tables in the past. Both top class. Let me know (PM) if you want his number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Thanks Grifter, looks like that table is probably a waste of money. I also came across this crowd http://www.uksportimports.com/catalog/pool-tables-11/slate-bed-106/ which are slate bed but I've never heard of them. I'll have a think about a reconditioned one. I'm hoping with all these pubs going bust there might be one going cheap in a liquidator sale!

Advertisement