Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

integrate shopping cart with paypal-costs?

Options
  • 17-11-2009 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

hi, i am looking to hire a web developer to integrate a shopping cart program into my website in tandem with paypal cc payments....to sell digital downloads securely via paypal...how much would this cost bearing in mind the cart is already purchased and just needs to be setup on website...?

any advice appreciated....

kyle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

The price can vary depending on the amount of work they need to do to integrate the shopping cart to your paypal account. It can be a quite simple thing to do. The developers will need to have a look at your shopping cart code to be able to give a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Might not be much involved with integrating the cart with paypal, but the cost of integrating the cart with an existing website could be the expensive part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Thanks for the advice...i was thinking about this.....

http://www.withinweb.com/phpipnmonitor/installation.php

would this be an easy installation option for a web developer?
    :)

thanks

kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That seems to give you two options - you can just create buy it now buttons which you add to your existing pages, or you can install an eCommerce store. If this option also manages the downloads for the customer, then it could be an easier task.

If you go for the full eCommerce store, then you have to try and combine an existing site with the online store.

This is just from a very quick glance at their site though, so I may be off the mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

It does look like a very simple task. One point it gave you is "A Paypal Business or Premier account (if using PayPal) sign up". Which means it should already come with the paypal code already assigned to it. All you MAY have to do is add your Paypal account details. No need for a developer to help out with that......unless you are really stuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

thanks for the advice guys....much appreciated :)

it would be just a single buy it now button id want for the digital dowload...so no store....i think you have to create a mysql database on your server to store the digital downloads which is above my expertise and deal with a bit of php so the program creates an expiring web page with the downloads.....

any idea of a rough ball park fee from a decent web developer for say 4 or 5 hours work?

Advertisement