Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Definitive 100 Round 2 - Eliminations

Options
  • 17-11-2009 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭

Ok so we've spent 5 days discussing the second lot of ten films. Caligari hadn't been seen by all, myself included, but on the other hand didn't receive any negativity with regard to being on the list. Cannibal Holocaust received some disapproval but not towards it's inclusion, only towards it as a film.

Scream 2 appears to be a dead cert for elimination and The Descent is being debated left right and center. So, the attached poll is to decide the fate of The Descent and as for Scream 2, if anyone does feel it should stay then thank the below post (definitely not thanks whoring here, don't expect a single one!).

**Please keep in mind you are voting it into the Top 100, not into a Top 10 or indeed in any particular order**

If anyone disagrees with Holocaust or Caligari staying too then let your voices be heard over in the original Round 2 thread.

NOTE: Hope I'm doing this right and fair guys!

Should The Descent remain on the list? 8 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Do you really want Scream 2 to stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

Instead of having one poll for each part of the discussion, why not use this thread just to collect all the ones that have been nominated for elimination such as the two mentioned. (Not the ones opinions are divided on such as CH and Alien)

Then at the end we create one multiple choice poll with hidden results with options for eliminating or keeping each of the nominated movies.......

i.e:
    • option 1: remove Scream 2
    • option 2: keep Scream 2
    • option 3: remove The Descent
    • option 4: keep The Descent
    • etc
    • etc

there's a max of 25 entries for the poll so we could vote on 12 and create a second poll if there's more up for elimination. The mods may even be able to create one large poll :)

/apologies for hijacking thread

Yeah that actually makes more sense, it'll only get messier as future threads are likely to have a few titles being debated! Mod team, assssemmmmmble!! :D

Actually scratch that, isn't their only one vote per poll? Which means that each user could only vote for the survival/elimination of one film? Correct me if I'm wrong, I have been before! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

I think you can wrangle a checkbox-style poll, so that multiple choices can be selected... never done a poll myself (ahem), so I'm not sure how this might be achieved :confused:

• Advertisement

Think this one will have to be left to a Mod or someone with a bit more experience, slightly irrelevant now anyways cause I don't think anyone wants Scream 2 to stay and The Descent is being voted on in this thread but itll be an issue down the line!

Advertisement