Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X Box LIve setup questions

• 17-11-2009 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Yesterday i was setting up x box live for my young son.I got as far as entering in his email and password and then it asked for my email and a password due to his age ,thats fine until the next question was to enter my credit card details to verify my age,, is this normal or what:confused:Thats where i stopped and am looking for advice..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

hmm

Are you setting up an xbox live gold account?

The credit card question is because the default payment process for xbox live gold is by credit card, but its not essential, you can pay via top up cards that can be bought in the shop instead.

If you are only setting up an account and your son doesnt intend to use it for online gaming then you should select a silver account and there should be no request for credit card as its free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 kevin1999

thanks im not too sure i have a 360 elite and i think that the silver membership was free:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

the silver membership is free alright but you can't play online with it, you need a gold for that. it should really only ask for payment details if gold is what you've chosen. . .actually, if you're just setting up a new account on a new xbox, is the first month of gold not free?

apologies about the sketchy details, it's been a few years since i've done this

Advertisement