Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travel advice - avoiding M50 rbt at blanch

Options
  • 17-11-2009 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

hi,
    i want to get from n3 to st pats hospital- and was wondering what the route is via blanch village/ castleknock to avoid the M50 roundabout at blanch.
    is the castleknock entrance to the park still closed?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭AmcD

I would suggest that you listen to livedrive on dublin city FM before setting off down the N3. This evening at rush hour the N3/M50 roundabout was deserted. If the radio says that the N3 inbound is backed up to Mulhuddart, I go through Blanch village, then follow on to Castleknock village. The castleknock gate is closed, but it doesn't matter because Blackhorse Ave is the same route and is is fine.

It is easy to get from Blanch village to Castleknock village: turn right at the traffic lights just after Blanch village (rather than going straight on and rejoining the M50 roundabout queue). Keep going straight, including straight over a roundabout. Eventually you come to traffic lights in front of Mylo's pub: turn left into Castleknock village and then follow onwards towards the Phoenix park. Once you get to Phoenix Park, turn left at the traffic lights at the Castleknock gate and follow Phoenix Park wall until you get to Blackhorse Ave. Follow the Phoenix park wall down Blackhorse Avenue. Eventually you will hit the NCR traffic lights at the end of the Ave.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

If the N3 is nasty (and as the previous poster said, it was deserted this evening) you could try this route, via Castleknock and Chapelizod.

Advertisement