Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADVICE NEEDED

Options
  • 17-11-2009 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all,
    I'm new to Boards.ie and I need some advice. I found a camera on the bus recently. I decided to bring it home, viewed the contents of the card, and found it belongs to a young couple of tourists (possibly American). So I have their photos (photos of the couple) and pics of the countries they visited on their holiday---Now where should I go from here?? If I leave it with DublinBus it might never be returned, or the same could be said of a police station..I'm afraid it might be left somewhere on a shelf.

I would love to return this (obviously expensive) camera and bring some happiness to this young couple..Please has anybody any advice?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I've heard of people who used the photos like this to figure out who the people were.

http://ifoundyourcamera.blogspot.com/
    http://blobfisk.com/are-these-your-photos/

If you can figure out where there from, from those photos that could help a lot too. Maybe post up some of the photos on boards and people can help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

I have no idea where this thread should be, moving to Help Desk.

I've forwarded the email you sent me to the community managers, who may have a better idea for somewhere suitable.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

reeder10 wrote: »
    If I leave it with DublinBus it might never be returned, or the same could be said of a police station..I'm afraid it might be left somewhere on a shelf..

Have you at least informed dublin bus lost and found dept?
    That is the first place the couple will go in the hopes someone dropped it in.
    You should leave your contact details with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

What Beruthiel said.
    Also if you have time, maybe the camera manufacturer has details of the owners if they registered it. 1 in a 1000 chance, but could be some lead you could try.

Advertisement