Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Cisco router/modem security

• 17-11-2009 8:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭

Quick one for ye all.

I got UPC 10Mb installed last week and took the opportunity to set my security to WPA2-TKIP only. Could'nt get AES to work no matter what I tried. Changed the WPS pin number to prevent unwanted connecitons.

Anyway, I set up my PS3,Xbox360,Nokia E51 x2 , laptop and home PC and got everything working. Wireless signal to PS3 is stronger than one from my old dsl netgear router also, so happy days.

In my hurry, I forgot to change the SSID and password. So my question : Is the UPC cisco password auto generated according to the UPC SSID (much like the eircom one could be found out). 2 problems with this.

First, would be a bit more effort to do all this again on all systems.

Second, the cisco router was not happy at all when I tried changing just the password alone. It crashed out and I needed to cold boot it to recover. So before I go to the bother of making this work, do I really need to implement any change at all.

Advertisement