Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I'm in final year.... FML!" Thread

• 17-11-2009 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭

Seeing as there seems to be quite a few people in final year here, I thought we deserved a thread of our very own to complain in :D

Srsly, final year sucks. I have essays and assignments due every fricken week and a leaning tower of Pisa-esque pile of books on my bedroom floor that all need to be read. I'm covered in spots because I'm stressed out and I have no idea what I want to do when I finish. Aaaarggghhhh!!

/rant

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm relatively calm about final year. I'm about 95% sure what I want to do as a master, and where I want to do it, and that it won't be next year.

The work is going to pile up bigtime in the next month or so. I've left a sociology essay ridiculously late, and it won't be happening again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Rozabeez wrote: »
    The work is going to pile up bigtime in the next month or so. I've left a sociology essay ridiculously late, and it won't be happening again!

Ahh yes, the dreaded essay. I'm in the exact same boat, I really shouldn't have left it so late either :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Ahh yes, the dreaded essay.

I remember 'that' one :)

Good luck!

It's actually quite short for a final year essay, and I knocked out 1600 words yesterday....whether or not it makes sense is the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

You wrote 16,000 words in one day?

• Advertisement

No, no I did not. I wrote 16 hundred words in one day. :o

I'm drugged up and woozy :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I hate final Year.

END OF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

For some reason I decided that this would be an awesome year to take on a crap load of extra-curricular activities.

If I wasn't doing all that stuff I'd be flying, 3rd year music is grand. Well the Composition strand anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

If I wasn't doing all that stuff I'd be flying, 3rd year music is grand. Well the Composition strand anyways.

That's good to know. That's what I want to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Best year so far

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Awooga

Again, less than 900 pages in a book in final year = light reading! Also, if i hear one more person spout off to me about page density or fonts for final year project or thesis, I will actually staple said pages and font info onto their head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

/stays quiet

banquo wrote: »
    /stays quiet

Probably the best idea... just don't make any sudden movements today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Final year=WIN
    /covers head with arms to protect oneself from objects flung in anger

Final year=WIN
    /covers head with arms to protect oneself from objects flung in anger

/throws Ugg boot or Pancakes that slap Barley booley upside the head.

How d'ya like them apples?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

It's a great oppertunity to really discover the root of procrastination. The guilt, the "is it really worthwhile doing something I don't enjoy", the "if I died in two years would I be happy I wasted so much time getting stressed out about something I'm not passionate about"......It's great really once you break and stop caring and just do things. I should have wrote a thesis on procrastination, that would have been ironic at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Holda

I've been out in Maynooth twice since final year began. Twice! I'll have every intention of going but something is always due that leaves me in the library until closing time and then by the time I'm home I just want a cup of tea and a chat with the housemates, even if that chat goes on 'till 3 in the morning. I've become such an old woman. I'm in some socs but can't be bothered going as I'm in most of the week from 9-6 with 3 hours off here and there. Even the heads of the Deukuma soc (German society, for those of you not in the know ;) ) are finding it hard to agree on when we should have our next meeting, they're all so busy with final year.
    Oh how I miss being carefree and only seeing the inside of the library if in dire straits before an essay were due. . . they were good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Grannnnnnnd!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Holda wrote: »
    I've been out in Maynooth twice since final year began. Twice!

I'll see your twice and raise youuu

*thinks*

I haven't been out yet:eek:

Norrdeth wrote: »
    Grannnnnnnd!

It'll be different for you man, totally different course!

• Advertisement

We'll still have to write stuff I assume!

Yeah, but not nice stuff. :P

='(

So much to do! *pulls out hair*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Thought this thread deserved a bump.

Final year. I hate it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought this thread deserved a bump.

Final year. I hate it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was just heading on to do that lol :D

Essays SUCK! Even when they're about Radiohead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

I was just heading on to do that lol :D

Essays SUCK! Even when they're about Radiohead.

Readings are the devil. I'm drowning in a sea of them at the moment.

/melodrama

Advertisement