Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cigarettes

• 17-11-2009 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭

hi does anybody know what kind of cigerettes you can buy in malaga i used to go to barcelona with ryan air and buy them there but thanks to ryan air and shannon pull out. it looks like i will be going to malaga unless anyone knows where i can get them for the barca price 3.30

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Malaga airport is a 15 minute train ride (train station outside airport, return trip about €6) from the 'British' resorts of Torremelinos, Fuengirola and Benalmadena, where all the cigarette shops will sell the British and American brands that you'd expect. (Marlboro, Camel, L&B, B&H, Dunhill, Silk Cut etc as well as all the usual local brands).

Prices will be the same as Barcelona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This is not a Consumer Issue. Thread closed

If someone can think of a better home for this thread, let me know.

EDIT: Thread moved to Bargain Alerts [Requests] forum.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Lplated

Not sure what you're smoking but 3.30 per pack seems too high for Spain. In Oct. I bought my 6 month supply for €27 per carton or 2.70 per pack (no discount).

In Spain the right to sell cigs is licensed by the Government, thus you see the standard 'Tabac' sign outside. The Government have a set minimum price on cigs which is why it is difficult/impossible to negotiate a discount. With a bit of haggling for large quantities you will get a couple of bottle of spirits and loads of lighters but no discount.

Tabacs can (and in some tourist areas, do ) charge higher than the govt minimum, so get a quote from 2 or 3 or them and you'll probably find the ones that are charging that.

Instead of Ryanair, you might consider Iberia (i have no personal interest in promoting an airline...) - the last couple of times i have gone with them, they have NO baggage charge, no checkin charge and no credit card charge when booking. One disadvantage is that you may have to take two flights, e.g. last time i went i had to go dublin to madrid, madrid to alicante, but it was worth it for the cheaper flight (than both ryanair n aer lingus).

Best of luck anyway.

Advertisement