Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Childers Road Open?!!

Options
  • 17-11-2009 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hey guys...

Badly stuck for a USB key mine is after getting infected for the 2nd time in three weeks!!!!!! :(:(

Anyone know if Argos is open on Childers Road tonight? Can't find it anywhere on internet!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

badaulname wrote: »
    Hey guys...

Badly stuck for a USB key mine is after getting infected for the 2nd time in three weeks!!!!!! :(:(

Anyone know if Argos is open on Childers Road tonight? Can't find it anywhere on internet!!!

Don't know about what time Argos open till but Dunnes Stores were selling 8GB USB keys for €11.99 recently. Dunnes Stores on Childer's Road are open 24 hours.

BTW have you tried reformatting the old USB key?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 badaulname

Hey Bazz

Thanks for the reply...going to head there in the next half hour and see if I can pick one up, its close to exams in college so could do without a virus!!

Eh no didn't reformat? Don't really know what that is but thought the safest option would be just getting a new one?? A screen popped up today on the college security saying it had quarantined a w32 silly virus. As you are probably aware by now I am not very up on virus' etc so don't really know what that is just glad it didn't bring the UL system down around me!!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

badaulname wrote: »
    Hey Bazz

Thanks for the reply...going to head there in the next half hour and see if I can pick one up, its close to exams in college so could do without a virus!!

Eh no didn't reformat? Don't really know what that is but thought the safest option would be just getting a new one?? A screen popped up today on the college security saying it had quarantined a w32 silly virus. As you are probably aware by now I am not very up on virus' etc so don't really know what that is just glad it didn't bring the UL system down around me!!!!:pac:

No,no need.Just format the thing if theres nothing you dont need on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 badaulname

jackncoke wrote: »
    No,no need.Just format the thing if theres nothing you dont need on it

See thats the thing...a couple of folders I would like to keep but if I need to cut loose I will! But do these virus' embed themselves on all files and folders? Because more or less I scanned the USB for virus's with college security system and it said none were there but at the same time there were about 4 foreign files on it. Now the systems in UL are top notch believe me because there were attempts by Russians to hack it last Summer and the security since then has been increased further so thats why it is slightly baffling nothing is showing up on the scan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Heres a step by step guide on how to remove the bloody thing.

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2006-071111-0646-99&tabid=3

• Advertisement
Advertisement