Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N86 unlocking?

• 17-11-2009 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

does anyone know where would unlock this model phone in town, id like to find out before i buy it, has anyone here done it, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭pah

It depends where the phone is coming from and to what network it is locked. Vodafone UK and T-Mobile are easy enough to get codes for online.

Unlocking shop should be able to do it regardless of sim-lock

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭section1

thanks pah, im looking at a o2 one, think ill walk around town and see what the shops say first, i know an old motorola i had couldnt be unlocked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

section1 wrote: »
    thanks pah, im looking at a o2 one, think ill walk around town and see what the shops say first, i know an old motorola i had couldnt be unlocked

You will get the same result regarding the N86. It has the latest security type, which you will find out when you ask in an unlocking shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭section1

Davy wrote: »
    You will get the same result regarding the N86. It has the latest security type, which you will find out when you ask in an unlocking shop.

really, i'll have to check that, i wonder if o2 can unlock it. is it the same with all the new nokias

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

o2 will unlock it for you ofcourse once you meet the requirements of money spent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

section1 wrote: »
    does anyone know where would unlock this model phone in town, id like to find out before i buy it, has anyone here done it, thanks

I guess you are looking at this on PAYG with o2, which it 379 on .ie site?

if so why not buy sim free? I got mine from here. With current exchange rates it still works out cheaper (not including any o2 discounts youmay be due) with delivery; may even find it cheaper on other uk/european websites;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Anybody able to unlock one of these yet folks?

Advertisement