Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

atm in the hyper is gone

• 17-11-2009 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

anyone know whats the story with the atm in the hyper, the one on the outside next to travel agents. i thought it was dead handy. what happend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

security/insurance/running costs/lack of use/moving it to name a couple of guesses. who did it belog too?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

Ah jesus that was a handy one on a stroll into town! twas a permanent tsb one:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Are Credit Union ATMs tied in with the rest? Ie. can you use other banks cards in CU ATMs? I seem to recall the CU across the road having an ATM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Kahless wrote: »
    Are Credit Union ATMs tied in with the rest? Ie. can you use other banks cards in CU ATMs? I seem to recall the CU across the road having an ATM.

yeah they have one in ardkeen too but they seem to only take c.u. cards which is a bit shortsighted by them. I couldn't be bothered getting a c.u. card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

The atm at the cross (the crossing of broad street/peter street that is) is gone as well, that was probably the handiest atm in the centre of town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Bugger... that one in the hyper was right on my way to Downes! Now I gots to walk to Ballybricken!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Its a sad sad day for Waterford :(

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Aye this was the Downses/Forum ATM of choice for many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

First waterford crystal closes, now this, were doomed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I noticed this trying to get money out before heading to the Forum on Saturday. Had to walk to Ballybricken in the pissing rain instead :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭MikeyReilly

If Supervalu is open there is one inside by the magazines and cards. Think the shop is open until 8pm most nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

That ATM up by the hyper was really handy. Very sad news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Jesus lads get a life would ye! big deal ya had to stroll a bit further to get drinking money! ye make it sound as if ballybricken was miles out of the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

"sad news..... very sad for waterford......"

in fairness lads yer' replys are a little o.t.t , sad for waterford is hundreds of lost jobs or something to that effect, a fecking a.t.m. is not really the end of the world, i understand that ya might have to walk a little further to get cash, but sure aint ya lucky that you have cash in there to take out !!

daftdave wrote: »
    "sad news..... very sad for waterford......"

in fairness lads yer' replys are a little o.t.t , sad for waterford is hundreds of lost jobs or something to that effect, a fecking a.t.m. is not really the end of the world, i understand that ya might have to walk a little further to get cash, but sure aint ya lucky that you have cash in there to take out !!

Do ya no what sarcasm is???:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 peter_sligo

i shed a lonely tear when i witnessed that first brick being cemented into place. my heart ached as i walked home to run a cold bath which i hoped would relieve my sorrows but saddly to no avail. i think we should get a group of us wit sledge hammers and ye can use yer imagination for the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Clano wrote: »
    Do ya no what sarcasm is???:D:D
    In fairness this is a hard issue for the people of waterford , RIP hyper market ATM 2001 -2009 , gone but not forgotten.

this is a very valid point. this is no issue to be poked fun at. if im heading to the hyper on a saturday and i need to make a trip to the bank machine for a ten spot i have to make the extra trip to ballybricken and that one only gives out twentys. its an outrage!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Unless they are moving the ATM up next to the bank part in the hyper i.e. outside. The rent on these ATM slots is not that expensive in bank terms around €500 - €750 p.m and it seems stupid when it is next to a supermarket it would frequently be used. I know AIB has one in side but sure that doesn't help full of bottles at 12 on Saturday night running out of money and having to get up to Ballybricken (I know it is only up the road but an inconvenience all the same)

Odats wrote: »
    Unless they are moving the ATM up next to the bank part in the hyper i.e. outside. The rent on these ATM slots is not that expensive in bank terms around €500 - €750 p.m and it seems stupid when it is next to a supermarket it would frequently be used. I know AIB has one in side but sure that doesn't help full of bottles at 12 on Saturday night running out of money and having to get up to Ballybricken (I know it is only up the road but an inconvenience all the same)

nail on the head there.

• Advertisement

In fairness this is a hard issue for the people of waterford , RIP hyper market ATM 2001 -2009 , gone but not forgotten.

i dont know how we'll recover....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

twas a handy one and all. Ah well. The one in the texaco is handy so im not really bothered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

ah come on lads there is still at least 2 atm's up there, Supervalue and the Texaco Garage which is open till 10 afaik.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    ah come on lads there is still at least 2 atm's up there, Supervalue and the Texaco Garage which is open till 10 afaik.

maybe so but like you said. only open till ten. the other one didnt have a time scheduel. that was the joy of it and those other two dont/rarely give out ten spots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Garage is open till 11 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

i thought everyone got paid in cash now that we're in a recession :)

Advertisement