Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bills fire Dick Jauron. According to NFL.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Matt Santos

Not a fan of the Bills and I thought the Tyrell Owens purchase was way out of left field but I really thought Dick Juaron was doing a better than average job! The last four weeks have not been flattering but they were well competing and could have been 5-1 but for some bad luck that the game throws at ye some times!
    Anyway, best of luck Dick and another franchise will pick you up well soon IMO..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

He's been incredibly unlucky with injuries but his calls on the new o line were ridiculous and he's paying for it with his job. Starting the year without a LT of any consequence is virtually signing your own P45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Not a fan of the Bills and I thought the Tyrell Owens purchase was way out of left field but I really thought Dick Juaron was doing a better than average job! The last four weeks have not been flattering but they were well competing and could have been 5-1 but for some bad luck that the game throws at ye some times!
    Anyway, best of luck Dick and another franchise will pick you up well soon IMO..

He'll get a co-ordinatoring job I'd say, his days as a HC are over. He's had three stints since 2000 (Lions I know was interm) and hasn't done enough. Nice guy, just not a HC. As a Bills fan, I'm unsure about Trent. New HC may want a new guy in which case he's gone. TO is gone at seasons end. I hate this copycat crap of everybody wanting a 'Bill Parcells organisation', there's only one Bill and he's taken (actually his former lieutenant is quite handy too ;)). We need to find our own way as a franchise because I fear for us in Bufallo.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Bills aren't a bad team
    They only narrowly lose to the Patriots and then lost 6-3 to the Browns.
    Could have been 5-3 at one stage

But I agree with jdivision, if you trade away your left tackle you better have a great backup as it's a key position

Mike Shanahan tipped as replacement, we'll see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Seems to be that the Bills have far more problems then Jauron. The organisation just doesnt seem stable to me. Jauron had a some QBs that dont cut it in the NFL-Losman showed moments of promise but wasnt good enough and unfortunately it seems that Trent Edwards is going the same way with his development. In his rookie season he looked very impressive but I haven't thought much of him since then and now they have named Ryan Fitzpatrick as their new starter.

It wont be much of a suprise in a strong draft class of QBs if they take one next year. As far as the Jamie Peters situation at the start of the year is concerned-he didnt have much choice really. Peters is a premier tackle and wanted to go to a team that could win and he forced his way out of the team. Its not possible to win in the NFL without a QB, LT and an elite pass rusher and they lack all three.

You draft for sucess in the NFL and the Bills have drafted consistently poorly and that is the fault of the organisation from scouting department to head couch and above. It will take more then changing the coach to fix the club. I wonder who will take over full time though. Most of the big coaches sitting out seem to be out of the running-Bill Cower said he would only return to a team with an elite QB(understandable after only winning a superbowl when Ben came to the Steelers), John Gruden is staying in the comm box, mike holmgren may be a possibilty as well as Shanahan but would either of these be willing to return to a team with as many issues as the Bills?

• Advertisement
Advertisement