Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Bill

Options
  • 17-11-2009 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Hey

Im moving into rented acc for the first time. How much to you guys pay on average per month to the ESB? Im doing out a budget and I havent a clue how much it costs. Ive only lived in student acc so the esb bills were included.

I moving into a one bed apt hopefully soon enough.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They have an appliance calculator on their site which would give you a good idea of your personal consumption rather than someone else usage.

https://www.esb.ie/esbcustomersupply/residential/energy_efficiency/appliance_calc/appliance_calculator.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Normal usage should be in the order of €25-50 per person per month. Add lots more for electric heating. Budget a high figure and see where it goes from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

If it helps at all, im sharing with 3 others in a 4 bed house and its about 200 every 2 months, bearing in mind we use a the oldest dryer in the world which probably eats up the electricity, and have 7 computers which are on quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

Cheers lads

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Victor wrote: »
    Normal usage should be in the order of €25-50 per person per month. Add lots more for electric heating. Budget a high figure and see where it goes from there.

I'd be inclined to go for the 50-60 pppm figure- higher if there are folk who like hairdryers, leaving electric heating on, abusing the immersion heater or doing ridiculous amounts of laundry unnnecessarily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

That Calculator is good stuff!!! I was living in a 2bed a while ago and it was average about 150 for 2 months for 2 people!

Advertisement