Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the voice of the people!! Its not found here! Post removed!! see link-Wow

Options
  • 17-11-2009 9:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

The whole idea of the INTERNET was to promote freedom of expression and freedom of information and the sharing of ideas! yes or no!

If one thinks slightly different to the crowd on this forum then the mods soon step in and close it down.

Surely there should be a move to promote a web site that allows people to state any view or any idea even if it is harmful to others.

It seem that even with all this technology people are not allowed say what they are thinking.

Today on posted a link to a you tube video which showed some horrific hunting footage!
    Beside it i posted something to the effect that it justified or put into perspective some peoples claims that rifles/gun are the only sound tools for the job!

The post was removed with out explanation!
    These tactics by the mod's on this forum are despicable and down-right wrong, its tough being a mod but they volunteered for the job yet they carry it out like Nazis!

Here is the link!!
    check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkN6C1ur1t8

Don't know if i like the music!!

Are they going to modify the charter to stop people posting link to you-tube.
    What a fsh with its over moding...

yes i'm talking about the hunting forum and some of the sheltered children that mod it

i'm reporting them from incorrect behaviour.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

now as i have been given no explanation as to why or even if the thread was removed and with respect to the fact that i have not been 'told off' for posting such a thread i can only make assumption as to why its gone!

Owing to the lack of an infraction or even a pm in relation to the above post i have decided to repost this thread..

time 20.33 Tue 17-11-09.

Technically i have done nothing wrong and have not been advised my mods

It could be possible that thread was accidentally deleted as no pm were forth coming-- these seem quite logical when one accepts the fact that no mod attempt to to contact this poster!

If this is the case i apologize to the mods of the hunting form and accept that they to are only human!
    Regards Ivan

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,308 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You appear to have an issue with the moderation of the Hunting forum, so I'm moving this thread to the Help Desk.

I would request that you kindly re-state your problem in a more rational, less emotive fashion without reference to Nazis etc., and include any links that you believe may be pertinent to support your argument.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We have a "dont be a dick" guideline. I suggest you follow it.

If you want to debate the morality of hunting then go to the Humanities or similar ... Hunting is for hunters... leave them be.

DeV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

Ye cheers I'll order a copy of that guild-line for the mother in law! ha

Look the OP was OTT but its hard to remain calm when you constantly being knocked back by an oppressive mod.. In all honesty it not as bad as it used to be- Anyway it was a case of mistake identity and i apologize.
    Sorry
    Anyway this issue is now sorted- I know this as i received a unbiased factual report via pm from one of the fairer moderators in shooting to which i agreed and accepted wholeheartedly,.

The way i see it is that all the mods are good guys as far as promoting shooting is concerned but one of the is over argumentative and is unable to back down even when he is wrong. Yes I have made my bed and i must sleep in it now but even though all the mods have me under the eye of suspicion for my colorful post it is but one mod that constantly puts the boot in. It feels that i get knocked back at every corner- even after PMing him and asking if a certain thread was going to be allowed i was severely warned and told that he didn't give a sh1t about me an i be banned in a flash.--ffs i was trying to follow the nice approach
    It seems that he above every one else can post humor when he likes yet i get told to put a lid on humor as the shooting forum is not the place.

He has also told me that he doesn't care how his action are perceived by others within the forum. !!!!!??
    I'm willing to move on and i am will to except fair moderation and will abide by the charter if he is willing to move on and mod me fairly and only impose the restriction of the charter-

I was a problematic poster yes i was but i have evolved now and have developed opposing digits-- Ha
    The fall-out has settled in my mug.

Advertisement