Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's on in Dublin

Options
  • 17-11-2009 9:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭

hi. I've been looking for a site that maybe shows what's on in town by date, like gigs, comedians, all that stuff.
    I can't seem to find anything that good, or maybe just no one is playing. I have someone from UK visiting on 18th Dec till 22nd I think, she's been here before but was hoping a good band or something might be playing. Anyone recommend any sites? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

this is the best I could think of

http://entertainment.ie/default.asp

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

National Concert Hall for lunch.

18 December 2009 01:05 PM - MAIN AUDITORIUM

RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra
    Narrator
    Gavin Maloney conductor

Coleridge-Taylor Christmas Overture
    Prokofiev Troika from Lieutenant Kijé
    Tchaikovsky Excerpts from Swan Lake
    Philip Lane Overture on French Carols
    Philip Lane Twas the Night before Christmas

Presented by RTÉ Performing Groups

GRAB & GO LUNCH OFFER BEFORE OR AFTER CONCERT
    Lunch for €5 with concert ticket €10
    For your convenience...
    - Grab 'n' Go lunch vouchers €5 available at box office.
    - Pick up your sandwich/wrap with tea/coffee before or after the concert.
    - Take it with you as you go, or eat it at the National Concert Hall. Whichever works best for you.

That's 15 Euro each for a full orchestra in an amazing venue with lunch. Sightseeing, pints and a decent restaurant after?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I like classical music and used to play in an orchestra but I doubt that's really her cup of tea, I was thinking something a bit more trendy or something? She's a few years younger than me. Anyway I can't seem to find much going on, it's a shame as Eddie Izzard is here a few days before she arrives and he's awesome.

Right... It won't last that long, could be a great way to kill the afternoon if you are off work. Did you google the laughter lounge? Ambassador theater? Any other venues?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Oh come on classical music isn't everyone's cup of tea! It's alright, I was just wondering if anyone we would want to see was playing here. I have a new motorbike so i'll probably take her out places during day on that.

Sorry, just trying to help. You're welcome, best of luck, I'd say she is going to have an amazing time with you.

Advertisement