Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Water Softeners

Options
  • 17-11-2009 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

hi guys

not sure if this is in the right place but if not im sure u'll let me know, my problem is that we live in a hard water area and most of are applances are starting to get alot of linescale build on them, now im wondering if there's anything out there on the market that can soften the warter but is easy to fit as it woud have to be a diy effort

thanks for looking

jordo76

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

No nothing that is out there will be easy to fit as the mains supply has to be interupted into the house to fit it all over and this is not the work for a novice.

There is get you buy ways, for example vinager(clear) softens the lime on the shower heads.

I think you will have to talk to the credit union and a plumber for a good solution.

Advertisement