Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving cert spanish help??

• 17-11-2009 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

anywher i can get helpful notes for leaving cert spanish

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

What kind of notes are you looking for? (like, notes on tenses, notes on the essay question etc.) It can be hard to find notes online that relate specifically to the Leaving Cert when it comes to European languages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

I hear Rapid Revision is good for LC Spanish. I only did the LC last year, so I only had to rely on Spanish notes from my teacher. If you're looking for help with reading comprehensions I found the book Meta helped me, but the articles have a lot of slang and difficult language. www.authentik.ie/

I'd get the Collins grammar guide. Small, compact, useful little thing that'll teach you all you need to know about grammar.

Not sure how useful the "Rapid Revision"-type books would be, but definitely keep practicing reading the comprehensions, and if you see words that regularly appear, look 'em up and note them down.

Make sure you know your topic vocabulary well. There's an A-Level book with tonnes of good vocab for specific topics, many of which appear for the Leaving Cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 GoingBk2School

djcervi wrote: »
    I hear Rapid Revision is good for LC Spanish. I only did the LC last year, so I only had to rely on Spanish notes from my teacher. If you're looking for help with reading comprehensions I found the book Meta helped me, but the articles have a lot of slang and difficult language. www.authentik.ie/

The Rapid Revision books are good for vocab - they tell you exactly what type of vocab you need to know, which was great for me as I was teaching myself. They're not going to be so good for learning grammar - it's a revision book after all. You'll need to do something else. I would recommend Michel Thomas course.

The Rapid Revision books are good for vocab - they tell you exactly what type of vocab you need to know, which was great for me as I was teaching myself. They're not going to be so good for learning grammar - it's a revision book after all. You'll need to do something else. I would recommend Michel Thomas course.

I'd recommend picking up the Collins grammer guide as well.

I'll try and find a link for you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 spanishdublin

Private Spanish Lessons @ www.spanishdublin.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 IndyB

go to modern languages, the bookshop. i think its near pearse station.. the anaya grammar books are really good, and they've phonetic books to help with pronounciation, id recommend the level A2 for leaving cert :)
    ive gone through a lot of spanish books, and these seem to be the best.
    uso de la grammatica espanola are good for exercises :)

they've lots of spanish books to choose from, many on vocabulary, so have a look through them :)

Advertisement