Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whatever happened to Kevo?

• 17-11-2009 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Does anyone remember a young lad called Kevo? He was last seen on kids tv during the early 90's on RTE 2. Legend goes that he was found outside the doors of the main RTE building and was adopted by the kitchen staff. He was rised and taught by the staff and visitors of our beloved televison station and rose to fame by presenting a quiz game that involved a lot of velcro on Saturday mornings. After this he just went away.

So I put it to the inmates of After Hours, do you remember Kevo? If you do, can somebody please tell me what he is doing these days? I am not above admitting that this question has been bugging me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Dustin murdered him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Gerry Ryan ate him years ago, he was in the canteen and mistook the kid for a fish finger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

Kevo was on ray darcys show last year sometime in some kind of where are they now slot. (so youre not the only one who was wondering about him:))

He was known as 'Kevo the knacker' according to himself:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Jaeger 90

locked up in the joy, got heavy into the gear - sad story really. his sister is a brazzer - works down canal banks near croke park, jenny is her name I thnk.

all this is actually true, I know the family well! whats left of them anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I vaguely remember that guy. Was'nt he in a Playstation 1 ad when it first came out in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Kevo was bleed'n rapeh. Someone else can find the Gathering cards, I'm lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭-Leelo-

He used to live down the road from me. Dunno where he ended up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

Jaeger 90 wrote: »
    locked up in the joy, got heavy into the gear - sad story really. his sister is a brazzer - works down canal banks near croke park, jenny is her name I thnk.

Really?? that's awful. When I began reading your post I thought you were making it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Kevin O'Connell:

kevo.sflb

Remember Kevin O' Connell? You might know him better as Kevo or some might remember him as “that little b****%”!

Kevo started his career at the age of 12 on Jo Maxi and then went on to do Late Late Toy Shows with Pat Kenny, Scratch Saturday, and a regular rant in front of a wall at Windmill Lane on ‘The Grip’ with Ryle Nugent.

We managed to track him down – now 31, he is an assistant producer in the RTE sports dept!

Found this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Jaeger 90

Really?? that's awful. When I began reading your post I thought you were making it up!

ye he was in trouble for a few things I think, not just drugs - I dont think much was in the media just local rags, I suppose rte wanted to distance themselves from it - plus he wasnt massive famous either I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Dord wrote: »
    Found this...
    he looks like a junkie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Voltex wrote: »
    he looks like a junkie

Ah sure he can probably afford it with the wages at RTE! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Warfi

he looks like a junkie

Ah come on, Ray D'Arcy doesn't look that bad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MrEko

Found this...

Thats him alright, look at the head on him, hasnt changed a bit. Doesnt look like much of a junkie though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭CliffHuxtabel

MrEko wrote: »
    Thats him alright, look at the head on him, hasnt changed a bit. Doesnt look like much of a junkie though...

he does look like his sister though...oops :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Well this guy obviousley did his research

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Jaysus yeah. I remember this dude. He had some Saturday morning gameshow where he had this big 7ft tall spinning box. One side of it had crooks for throwin rings at, the other side had a hole for throwin frisbees into. He'd then go over and stick his arm in the hole and pull out each frisbee, sometimes buildin the tension by pretendin there was no more in there, before pullin out another one!

He was a case that fella!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Jaeger 90 wrote: »

Hows he managing to produce sports for RTE from his prison cell then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Agricola wrote: »
    Jaysus yeah. I remember this dude. He had some Saturday morning gameshow where he had this big 7ft tall spinning box. One side of it had crooks for throwin rings at, the other side had a hole for throwin frisbees into. He'd then go over and stick his arm in the hole and pull out each frisbee, sometimes buildin the tension by pretendin there was no more in there, before pullin out another one!

physiquiz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭crushproof

Haha, no way!!!! always wondered where he ended up, what a character! that game show on the saturday morning was great!
    there must be a youtube clip out there somewhere....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

physiquiz

got there before me, did that show have the iotas with mary kingston or was that another one? and the guy from bull island was in physiquiz

kevo used to review the books on the toy show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

His name was Kevo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It was hard to understand what he was saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Agricola wrote: »

physiquiz

I was meant to go on that show but had to go on family holiday to Holland. I was gutted! :(

I think he went to Blanchardstown IT at some stage as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

did that show have the iotas with mary kingston or was that another one?

"Are ya laughin'?"

"I'M LAUGHIN'" (*Thumbs Up*)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Sarky wrote: »
    Kevo was bleed'n rapeh. Someone else can find the Gathering cards, I'm lazy.

http://www.boards.ie/gathering/kevomagic.jpg
    Ollchailin wrote: »
    "Are ya laughin'?"

"I'M LAUGHIN'" (*Thumbs Up*)

The Works. A friend of mine was on it learning about lorries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/gathering/kevomagic.jpg

The Works
    . A friend of mine was on it learning about lorries.

A lad i know was on it aswell learning about cooking, gimp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

crushproof wrote: »
    there must be a youtube clip out there somewhere....

On Youtube maybe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Jesus from that Today Fm photo it looks like he's even smaller than Ray Darcy. Now that's small! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

He played for a **** team called spartak dymano,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

MrEko wrote: »
    Does anyone remember a young lad called Kevo? He was last seen on kids tv during the early 90's on RTE 2.

Nah, I remember him hosting Stream in the late 90s/early noughties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

My mate worked with him in RTE up until a few months ago. Meant to be sound enough. He's still producing there at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Kevo was a bigger child star than Shirley Temple, the boy had talent coming out of hears ears! Gay Byrne is said to have been in awe of his talents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Xavi6 wrote: »
    My mate worked with him in RTE up until a few months ago. Meant to be sound enough. He's still producing there at the moment.

Have heard the same from a friend who works in RTE..

Saying that, i still slagged him for knowing BLEEDIN RAPID

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

"Are ya laughing?"

Was it that fella?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

So it turns out he's a producer at RTE then.
    I'd say he appreciates the junkie label from earlier in the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Hope he turns up on the toyshow.
    any minute now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

a-k-47 wrote: »
    He played for a **** team called spartak dymano,

easy tiger!! used to play for them myself! decent guy he was. I only knew he did the books on the toy show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

My sister saw him in Dublin Airport a few years ago; she got the impression he was working there.
    The Irish soccer or rugby team were there at the same time, can't remember which; apparently Kevo was getting more attention/autograph requests than any of the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭upncmnhistori

Kevo was on Scratch Saturday first. Then as you said he was on a quiz show with velcro - don't know the name. Then he went on to do Stream in the early 2000's which aird on The Den for a short few years were he did video game reviews. You would have a different stream subject everyday during the 5 day week Monday - i forgot what it was, tuesday - Starstream, - Wednsday -gamestream, Thursday - forgot again and Friday Sportsteam. After this show he disappeared into thin air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Physiquiz? Was that with Mary Kingston and the guy who reviews cars/from Bull Island? There were crystals called Iotas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Physiquiz? Was that with Mary Kingston and the guy who reviews cars/from Bull Island? There were crystals called Iotas

That was The Works/ maybe Worx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Kevo was on Scratch Saturday first. Then as you said he was on a quiz show with velcro - don't know the name. Then he went on to do Stream in the early 2000's which aird on The Den for a short few years were he did video game reviews. You would have a different stream subject everyday during the 5 day week Monday - i forgot what it was, tuesday - Starstream, - Wednsday -gamestream, Thursday - forgot again and Friday Sportsteam. After this show he disappeared into thin air.

What were you searching for to drag this up out of the depths?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

What were you searching for to drag this up out of the depths?

He's a Kevo aficionado, leave him at it. Knowledge is power, even knowledge about Kevo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

he looks like a junkie

What? Drugs being abused in RTE? Wherever did you get an absurd idea like that?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Nevyn wrote: »
    And a thread from 2002 as well! Ten years ago when Bertie was still the boss and we didn't all own the debts of the banks, a simpler time. I love looking up the old posts of people who joined in 2000 or so, its like a snapshot into history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

I liked Kevo, who cares if this is from a few years ago. He loved his video games and was a breath of fresh air in the D4 connected media. Whatever he doing now I hope he's doing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭upncmnhistori

Canis Lupus and Grindle I just have a good memory was a big tv fan back in the 90's (maybe too much of one) to do with a few things on Network 2. Love nostaglia too. Network 2 used to be good they were fairly poor with tv shows for a good couple of years there in my opinion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement