Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top Drivers of 2009 Comp

• 17-11-2009 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Anyone interested, its here http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/

This is how its judged

"To my mind the three criteria for judging are; how high were the peaks, how consistent was the performance level and what did they make of the machinery they were given?"

This is how I voted. Its based just on 2009 performance. I think that Alonso and Hamilton will be in most peoples top 2 in some order. After that, its very hard to put them in order. Arguments can be made for the rest. Could easily have put Button third, but this is what my mind said. If I wanted to win, I would swap Rosberg and Button.

I think any number of drivers could be 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Only have a strong opinion that Alonso and Hamilton are the top two. Would have Kimi in there, but he didnt really wake up til after Massa had his accident, so left him out

1) Alonso
    2) Hamilton
    3) Vettel
    4) Rosberg
    5) Button

Just read other peoples enteries. If you have a heard problem, dont go there. Surprise surprise, Button is most peoples number one. Listen to this

1. Button – won the WDC, brilliant start to the season and recovery. Most consistent driver of the season.

Then the same guys says

3. Vettel – quick but inconsistent. Key mistakes really cost him.

Sorry dude, Both were inconsistent. Vettel had some unnecessary crashes, but Button had more off days in mid season than anyone else. To say that Button was the "Most consistent driver of the season", is just 100% wrong.

Button was a worthy champion, but definitely not the most consistent driver of the year

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭vectra

what in the name of god is Alonso doing in there??
    what did he do this year :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

Am. Just made two top GP2 drivers look like they had just started go karting. Totally out drove the car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

In no particular order

Barichello - proved there's life in the old dog yet
    Button - showed that when things are to his liking he's got pace. Also showed impressive racing skills at times
    Vettle - won me the boards F1 comp :P
    Raikonnen - I originally had Webber in the list as without the yardstick of Massa who's to say Raikonnen's results in the latter half of the season were really all that impressive? But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Hamilton - Proved he's a cυnt can get the job done when given the right machinery

Advertisement