Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paquiao vs Mayweather fight

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Floyd is always telling us he is the best ever so him KOing a dude half his size is hardly ground breaking stuff now is it..

Lets see if he has the balls to get into the ring with Manny.

Now in relation to this blood testing. If boxing wants this to go ahead it should be for every fighter and not just Manny. If they are happy with the current set up its time for Floyd to shut up and fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Noelisgod

Apparently they are lining up Pauli Mallignalli (spell) as a replacement to fight Manny which is a total joke IMO. I mean hatton beat him easy so what sort of fight will he give manny - none basically.

The money-manny fight has to happen - its what the fans want and could really annoy alot of people if it doesnt go ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Noelisgod wrote: »
    Apparently they are lining up Pauli Mallignalli (spell) as a replacement to fight Manny which is a total joke IMO. I mean hatton beat him easy so what sort of fight will he give manny - none basically.

The money-manny fight has to happen - its what the fans want and could really annoy alot of people if it doesnt go ahead.

I'm gonna' stick a few quid on Paulie; the way I figure, when Pacquiao tests positive, hopefully they reverse the brutal KO loss on Paul's record and award him the fight, making me a heap of dough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭akindoc

walshb wrote: »
    I'm gonna' stick a few quid on Paulie; the way I figure, when Pacquiao tests positive, hopefully they reverse the brutal KO loss on Paul's record and award him the fight, making me a heap of dough

The bookies only pay out on who wins on the night.

consultech wrote: »
    You're going to completely undermine whatever point it is that you're trying to make if you continue chatting shite and clutching at straws by quoting me out of context (twice).

The above quote is presumably where you inferred that I am only critisizing the testing based on Mayweather's character? Nowhere does it say that I am of the above opinion. To the non-biased my statement would've read: "The general criticism being levelled at..." i.e. By sports writers/fans/forum monkeys.

Is this where I "admit" if Hatton wanted it, it'd be a different story?

My point of view isn't swayed by the fact that it's Mayweather: I am primarily behind Manny's refusal on grounds of principle. He shouldn't have to jump through any hoops outside of the NSAC guidelines. The statement I made falls inside the context of the question that was posed to the Manny support collective about roles reversed. You've inferred all sorts of opinions when all I was doing was quoting general concensus.

Amazing backtracking there I have to admit. Hopefully anybody with a brain cell saw though it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

akindoc wrote: »
    Amazing backtracking there I have to admit. Hopefully anybody with a brain cell saw though it.

What backtrack? What are you shiting on about?

Actually dont bother, hands clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

I'm kind of on the fence on this, hard to make my mind up what to believe.

On Pacs side, there is the fact that no athlete has ever tested positive for HGH or HGH stimulaters (which seems to be the main allegation leveled against him), ever, despite the fact that random blood testing for it has been carried out at the last couple of Olympics, so either it wasn't used by any of the 12,000 odd athletes (not bloody likely) or the test is inneffective. Either way that would seem imply that Pac would have nothing to fear in agreeing to blood testing for HGH even if he was using.
    As far as I'm aware any of the other possible performance enhancing drugs would be detectable by random urinalysis (which he's agreed to "I am also willing to give urine tests at anytime, anywhere, everyday leading up to the fight" was the quote) and the 3 blood tests suggested by the Pac camp (I'm perfectly open to correction on this point, as that opinion is just what I could acertain from googling around). So even if he was doped up either form of testing would more than likely show the same results?
    As to Pac's reasoning for refusing to go along with PBF's suggested testing, stubbornness and superstition could be possible reasons. He's shown in the past that he is a stubborn person, insisting on splitting his training camp between the Philipines and the USA despite Roaches outspoken objections. Shown himself to be superstitious, saying Las Vegas is lucky for him and always going to kneel and pray in the same corner after every win. It's not a massive stretch to understand how he believes that having blood drawn close to the fight could weaken him, physically or perhaps mentally or spiritually.

On PBF's side, what Pac has done, moving up the weights, carrying and apparently improving on his speed and power, does appear super human. For a long time boxing people, and not just people who's surname is Mayweather, have quietly voiced their suspicions.
    Floyd got criticism for ducking Margarito, maybe he knew more than he said in that case, maybe he had inside info in other cases aswell, maybe he does in this instance too. People immediatley say it's mind games. Maybe it is, but it's just as possible that it's a genuine suspicion of Pac cheating.
    Floyd stepped up and fought Oscar at 154, putting in a great performance, would he really be that afraid of losing that 0 to a fighter that was almost outboxed twice by a fighter Floyd himself made look completely ordinary that he'd pull this to get out of the fight knowing the ducking allegation would innevitevly be brought up again? Alot of people don't like PBF as a person, which is understandable, he's cocky and arrogant without the wit and charm that can let you get away with it. He throws his money around, loves himself and his family are scumbags. But prior to this he has always been respectful and professional towards his opponents why would he suddenly lay such a damning accusation if he didn't believe there was good cause. It just seems out of character in my opinion. Out of interest has anybody seen anything Floyd himself has said since the start of all this? Lots of stuff from ODH ect but I haven't seen any thing from PBF himself yet.

Like I say, I'm undecided at present, love both fighters, would hate to think one's a dope cheat or one's a coward willing to destroy a fellow pros reputation to mess with his mind or weasel out of a beating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Skip to 2:20. This wouldn't be Pacquiao giving a blood sample 14 days before a fight is it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

lol the slow realisation about Manny

Archimedes wrote: »
    Skip to 2:20. This wouldn't be Pacquiao giving a blood sample 14 days before a fight is it?

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4777048

When HBO televised "Pacquiao/Hatton 24/7" -- the four-part series that followed the buildup to Pacquiao's second-round knockout of Ricky Hatton to win the junior welterweight title in Las Vegas last May -- it aired footage of Pacquiao taking a routine blood test as part of his pre-fight medical exam in Los Angeles.

The blood test was conducted approximately 14 days before the fight; it punches holes in Pacquiao's argument that giving blood inside 30 days of a fight negatively impacts his performance.

Arum was intrigued by the "24/7" scenario. He told Reuters on Monday that he was ready to move away from Mayweather and announce a new opponent on Tuesday for Pacquiao, but that was before the "24/7" scenario was brought to his attention.

"I will transmit it [word of Pacquiao's '24/7' test] to Manny once [HBO Sports president] Ross Greenburg establishes the actual date of the test in '24/7' and [the Mayweather camp] makes a proposal based on what Ross has come up with," Arum told ESPN.com from Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. "If that happens, I am sure I can convince Manny" to tighten the testing window.

Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy, which is promoting Mayweather for the fight, was also made aware of the "24/7" footage, telling ESPN.com, "I need to discuss it with Team Mayweather. We need to find out what it means if you cut off testing 14 days before the fight. I want to talk to [Mayweather advisers] Al Haymon and Leonard [Ellerbe]."

Although talks had broken down on Sunday, the camps were at least talking again on Monday afternoon after they learned of the "24/7" scenario.

"It's a very good point to point out that Manny was tested so close to the [Hatton] fight," Arum said. "I'm not going to suggest anything to him though, until I hear from the other guys. They have to say, 'This is what Manny did. Here is what we propose.' Then I will bring it to Manny and say, 'Manny, look, you took this test however many days before the fight and it didn't affect you. Hey, you knocked him out in two rounds.'

"What will Manny do? I assume he will listen to me, but I can't promise anything. But I want [Mayweather's camp] to make a formal proposal that this is the outside date for the blood testing based on Manny's prior test in 24/7 and then I will move mountains."

Prior to discussing the "24/7" scenario, the camps were looking at alternative March fights. Both camps had reached out to former junior welterweight titlist Paulie Malignaggi. Arum was also prepared to have Pacquiao challenge for a title in a record-extending eighth weight class against Yuri Foreman, a Top Rank junior middleweight who won a belt on the Pacquiao-Miguel Cotto undercard on Nov. 14.

"We'll ask the MGM which fight they want [Pacquiao's or Mayweather's] and the MGM will then pick the fight and alienate one of the fighters forever," Arum said. "We have another date [of March 20] that we can go on outside of the MGM and we will do that if we have to. If HBO takes sides, which they're free to do, we have discussed alternatives."

Meanwhile, in Las Vegas, the Nevada commission held its final meeting of 2009. At the conclusion of the 25-minute meeting, chairwoman Pat Lundvall closed by invoking the commission's right to conduct random urine tests on Pacquiao and Mayweather.

"The Nevada administrative code obligates any unarmed combatant to submit to tests if they're directed to do so by a member of the commission for prohibited substances," Lundvall said at the public meeting. "And it was in 2007 that we amended our regulations to ensure we were following the World Anti-Doping Agency's prohibited list. ... That is the list we adhere to for the purposes of the testing that is conducted through the athletic commission. We determined that those provisions applied not only immediately before and after a fight, but also to random testing during training, and that any member of the commission can request such a random test."

Lundvall asked commission executive director Keith Kizer to employ the commission's random testing procedure and "request a urine sample from Floyd Mayweather as well as Manny Pacquiao. They're both licensees and they are subject to these kinds of exams whether the proposed fight goes forward or not.

"Random testing is the best way to evaluate the compliance with our rules and regulations against prohibited substances and the primary reason for that is that an athlete doesn't have time to cycle out or flush out any prohibited substances, and therefore random testing is the best thing to employ, which is why I thought it was a good idea for Keith to inform these fighters that we would like to have a sample and move forward with our random testing."

Commissioner Bill Brady added that he supported the request to ensure the safety of the fighters as well as to "reassure the public worldwide that when anyone fights in Nevada that they can count on those fights being fair, above board and on a level playing field. I think it's important that the public knows the commission takes their responsibility seriously."

Pacquiao and Mayweather must submit to the tests within 48 hours or face possible fines or suspension by the Nevada Athletic commission.

"That at least starts the ball rolling," Kizer said.

Mayweather lives in Las Vegas, so that should not be an issue. But even with Pacquiao in the Philippines, Kizer said they have labs they work with worldwide.

Kizer said the results would likely be back within a week of the test.

"That's fine, no problem at all," Arum said when told of Nevada's ruling. "We are absolutely in favor of it. That's what they should be doing. That's what they do in other sports. I see no reason why they shouldn't do it here. We support it 100 percent. I really applaud the way the Nevada Commission has acted.

"I will check with Mayweather," Schaefer said, reacting to Nevada's request. "Right now, I need to focus on getting the fight done."

• Advertisement

Well, that makes a lot of people look pretty stupid. "Pacman is scared of needles" "He feels that taking blood weakens him".

But I'm sure the "unbiased" Pac supporters will still hold firm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Well, that makes a lot of people look pretty stupid. "Pacman is scared of needles" "He feels that taking blood weakens him".

But I'm sure the "unbiased" Pac supporters will still hold firm.

Except that the blood test in 24/7 was taken 24 days before the Hatton fight, not 14.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=24398

That said, Manny should just agree to it. PBF is looking for an exit strategy, so if Manny has nothing to hide, just block him. Take the tests and let the best man win in the ring. If this fight doesn't happen I'll be devastated. Two of my favourite boxers. Would be the most anticipated fight of the decade, and one of the best match-ups of all time.

Floyd just beat the guy who many believe beat Pacquiao twice (certainly in the rematch). Floyd didn't just beat him, he whitewashed him and knocked him down quite easily, proving that he is better than JMM in every department. I hardly think he is "looking for a way out" of fighting a guy who went life and death with JMM in two fights. He even knocked JMM down in one fight and got a 10-6 round and still only got a draw. The majority of the press at the second fight had JMM winning. Somehow, I don't think Floyd is scared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭ODD-JOB

Thats right ,.... it was 24 days pre-fight .

They should have got their facts straight before bringing that on.

There was an American presidential election , with 2 leading candidates at battle .

The P.R man for one candidate came up with the idea " we'll call him a communist" and the candidate returned :
    " but he isn't a communist !! "
    The P.R man said " I know - but let's see him deny it ! "

Cant remember who , Nixon or Johnson or somebody .
    But mud sticks when flung around aimlessly.

Floyd just beat the guy who many believe beat Pacquiao twice (certainly in the rematch). Floyd didn't just beat him, he whitewashed him and knocked him down quite easily, proving that he is better than JMM in every department. I hardly think he is "looking for a way out" of fighting a guy who went life and death with JMM in two fights. He even knocked JMM down in one fight and got a 10-6 round and still only got a draw. The majority of the press at the second fight had JMM winning. Somehow, I don't think Floyd is scared.

And you claim not to be Biased ???

If Klitschko beats Floyd ,... then is Klitschko better in every department .
    Manny's different kettle of fish fighting at Welterweight . It suits him fine , it didnt suit JJM at all , and we even seen how Floyd breached the agreed 144lbs limit .

Oh Please - Im going to pour myself a drink

ODD-JOB wrote: »
    And you claim not to be Biased ???

If Klitschko beats Floyd ,... then is Klitschko better in every department .
    Manny's different kettle of fish fighting at Welterweight . It suits him fine , it didnt suit JJM at all , and we even seen how Floyd breached the agreed 144lbs limit .

Oh Please - Im going to pour myself a drink

If you think JMM is better than Floyd in any department, please let me know.

I was responding to the poster who said, "Floyd is looking for a way out of the fight".

If you want to talk about the size difference between PBF and JMM, consider that Pacquaio is the exact same size as JMM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

lol @ floyd beating jmm. That was a sparring session.

Re size difference: JMM struggled with juan diaz power at 135 after moving up from 130. Mayweather asked him to go straight to 144 and then weighed in a full 2 lbs heavier. Thats a huge advantage when both fighters are evenly matched never mind a mismatch.

I'ma jmm fan but give floyd no credit for beating him. As a business move it was fantastic but not a sporting achievment.

Pacquiao went from 130 to 135 and ko'd david diaz. Then he went to 147 and ko'd de la hoya, he then went back down 140 and ko'd Hatton, after that he went to 145 and ko'd Cotto.

joepenguin wrote: »
    lol @ floyd beating jmm. That was a sparring session.

Re size difference: JMM struggled with juan diaz power at 135 after moving up from 130. Mayweather asked him to go straight to 144 and then weighed in a full 2 lbs heavier. Thats a huge advantage when both fighters are evenly matched never mind a mismatch.

I'ma jmm fan but give floyd no credit for beating him. As a business move it was fantastic but not a sporting achievment.

Pacquiao went from 130 to 135 and ko'd david diaz. Then he went to 147 and ko'd de la hoya, he then went back down 140 and ko'd Hatton, after that he went to 145 and ko'd Cotto.

Fact is JMM and Pac went life and death with each other 2 years ago I believe. Floyd WHIPPED JMM. So to suggest he's scared of Pacman is a bit ludicrous.

As for JMM, well, he was made to look very average. I think he can beat Hatton at 140 if that fight is made. I'd like to see it.

Fact is JMM and Pac went life and death with each other 2 years ago I believe. Floyd WHIPPED JMM. So to suggest he's scared of Pacman is a bit ludicrous.

I'm not saying that Floyd is scared of Manny, but to use the fact that Floyd easily beat a 36 year old JMM at the heighest weight he's been made to fight at when his chin and power were never incredibly impressive at lower weights against smaller guys and he was never the fastest in any division he fought, is ludicrous. Let me put this to you: Do you think 36 year old JMM (and yes two years can make a big difference when you are mid 30's) would beat Pac or even go the distance at 144, with Pac weighing in at 146 if they fought tomorow? JMM was adifferent fighter when he fought Pac at a lower weight two years ago compared to when he faced Floyd, just like Oscar was a different fighter when he fought Mayweather compared to when he took on Pac at a weight he wasn't comfortable in.

• Advertisement

slipss wrote: »
    I'm not saying that Floyd is scared of Manny, but to use the fact that Floyd easily beat a 36 year old JMM at the heighest weight he's been made to fight at when his chin and power were never incredibly impressive at lower weights against smaller guys and he was never the fastest in any division he fought, is ludicrous. Let me put this to you: Do you think 36 year old JMM (and yes two years can make a big difference when you are mid 30's) would beat Pac or even go the distance at 144, with Pac weighing in at 146 if they fought tomorow?

Honestly, I don't know. He has the exact style to cause Pac problems and over the course of 24 rounds, he won more rounds. He lost a shut out to Mayweather but his style really wasn't suited to Mayweather, who is better than him in every regard and also bigger. JMM knows Pacman inside out. However in saying that, I'd have to favour Pacman on the form hes on. BUT, it wouldn't be as easy as Floyd did it. As I said, JMM knows Pacman very well. I wouldn't be backing Pacman, put it that way. I had JMM winning the rematch by 2 points.

If you think JMM is better than Floyd in any department, please let me know.

Marquez has got HEART ,
    he's not afraid to take on somebody 3 weights heavier , and not afraid to take the risk of losing .
    He should have walked away when Floyd took the bigger advantage of coming in 2 1/2 lbs heavier than was agreed .

Marquez has courage and has got bottle . He dosent hand pick mismatched opponents .

Now lets see if Floyd has the guts to fight Matt Hatton :confused:

Marquez has got HEART ,
    he's not afraid to take on somebody 3 weights heavier , and not afraid to take the risk of losing .
    He should have walked away when Floyd took the bigger advantage of coming in 2 1/2 lbs heavier than was agreed .

Marquez has courage and has got bottle . He dosent hand pick mismatched opponents .

Now lets see if Floyd has the guts to fight Matt Hatton :confused:

JMM has got heart I agree. Plenty of balls, no doubt about that. I thought he should have went for the Pacman rematch a lot sooner than he did.

And I agree with you about floyd fighting Matt hatton. He can f*ck off if he does, I'll be the first to criticize him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The bouts with Juan and Manny are in the past. Two things have happened of importance since then, 1. Pacquiao has flourished and gotten better it seems and 2. Juan has deteriorated and gotten "older." I would say the gulf between the two is far wider now than previously. I would back Manny by KO early should they meet anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

dont want to see PAC v JMM again at least until Pac v Floyd has been done!!! its the fight we all want to see...

Also V Klitchko v Haye

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Brad Goodman

i've been holding back on posting since this story broke coz i wasn't sure what to make of it, was it mayweather just trying to stir it or did he really believe pacquiao was juicing? was it just a ploy to increase ppv sales? etc... so just now i read this http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=24414

know i now bob arum is saying its bull but he would, wouldn't he?.. now i'd really like manny to just take the test and prove that he's clean and for the fight to happen

for the record i like both fighters

• Advertisement

i've been holding back on posting since this story broke coz i wasn't sure what to make of it, was it mayweather just trying to stir it or did he really believe pacquiao was juicing? was it just a ploy to increase ppv sales? etc... so just now i read this http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=24414

know i now bob arum is saying its bull but he would, wouldn't he?.. now i'd really like manny to just take the test and prove that he's clean and for the fight to happen

for the record i like both fighters

"a source" for the New York Daily News, not exactly a smoking gun now is it man? In other news the same Mr Andy Source recently informed the Daily Mirror that Brittany Spears is actually the love child of Micheal Jackson and Cher :eek:

lol well it's not getting better for Pacman is it? First he says he's scared of needles and doesn't want to take a blood test 30 days before the fight. Then he is seen calmly taking a blood test 24 days before his second last fight.

now there are many rumours floating around. all because pac doesn't want to go through the testing. it's beginning to look worse and worse for pac as the days go by. He has been openly criticised by Cotto/JMM and many fans and journalists for not going through with the testing.

It's interesting to hear his supporters say, "well, he should just stick to the rules of the commission and the organization". He didn't have a problem going outside of those rules and requesting catchweight matches and making the likes of cotto weaken themselves did he?

He needs to agree to do these tests ASAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

Marquez has got HEART ,

He's not afraid of 7 figure pay days either! Fair play to him and all for taking the fight but it was for a well deserved pay day. I thought he did enough to beat Manny in the second fight although wasnt robbed. This put a cap on his earning potential compared to manny.

I'd love to see Mayweather v Matthew Hatton, or Manny v Pauli Malignaggi.

Fuck Pac v PBF; I think the whole world wants to see those fights!

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Why? That would both be a massive step down from other fights available. If the fight does fall through I'd like to see PBF v Williams or Mosley and Manny v Foreman for and 8th title. Seriously doubt PBF will fight Mosley or Williams though as there is a chance he could lose and Money wouldn't want to fight a fight where he could lose. That ain't how he rolls.:mad:

• Advertisement

magma69 wrote: »
    Why? That would both be a massive step down from other fights available. If the fight does fall through I'd like to see PBF v Williams or Mosley and Manny v Foreman for and 8th title. Seriously doubt PBF will fight Mosley or Williams though as there is a chance he could lose and Money wouldn't want to fight a fight where he could lose. That ain't how he rolls.:mad:

plenty of people thought he was going to lose the corrales fight (he was the underdog), DLH fight, Castillo fights (his first fight at 135, against the lineal champ), and hatton fight. He tried to get a fight with Mosley back in 1999. I hope the Pac fight happens and I'm sure it will... too much MONEY on the table!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Matt Hatton is a journeyman who has a famous name so gets on good cards against beatable opponents, Malignaggi would have nothing against manny, manny would walk through him..

maybe paulie and matt hatton would be a fight

williams and mosley are the others in the mix

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Mosley Mayweather. My kinda fight

cowzerp wrote: »
    Matt Hatton is a journeyman who has a famous name so gets on good cards against beatable opponents, Malignaggi would have nothing against manny, manny would walk through him..

maybe paulie and matt hatton would be a fight

williams and mosley are the others in the mix

You're the second person to take my post as serious! I was bein sarcastic! Probably didn't come accross at all!

Matt Hatton is shite, and Pauli makes for some frighteningly boring fights... worse than PBF's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭suspectpackage

well today is the day lads. This thing will all be sorted today as they are both meeting with a mediator and trying to sort it all out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭TiwstaSista

People wonder how Manny beat bigger boxers than him.. is because he is disciplined, humble, very confident, the Filipino people prays for him and best kept secret he eats rice that's his steroids.. :)

Hmmmm ...... This whole debacle could be a staged plot to keep this fight on the top of the headlines until subscription time .

It seems that way now ....... (imo)

Im starting to wonder if there is really an issue to be resolved at all .

Neither manny nor floyd seem to have anything to say , rather its a promoters slagging match .
    And any time it seems to calm down , either promoter comes out with some silly statement , and its gets widely reported all over the boxing world .

Hmmmmm ....... my suspicious mind is active or maybe paranoid !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Vintagekits

Hmmmm ...... This whole debacle could be a staged plot to keep this fight on the top of the headlines until subscription time .

It seems that way now ....... (imo)

Im starting to wonder if there is really an issue to be resolved at all .

Neither manny nor floyd seem to have anything to say , rather its a promoters slagging match .
    And any time it seems to calm down , either promoter comes out with some silly statement , and its gets widely reported all over the boxing world .

Hmmmmm ....... my suspicious mind is active or maybe paranoid !!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭TiwstaSista

Too bad I've been waiting for it. So it could be Yuri Foreman on March 13

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

"but just hours later he backtracked, saying he would ask the boxer to reconsider his objection to blood testing"

dont write it off just yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Ah ok, my heart skipped a beat when I read it first.. 14 thousand the MGM holds I think, it would be neither cheap or easy to get tickets but not impossible I would imagine. What a prospect it is.. Seen as Ireland won't get to the World Cup watching Pacman give FM his first defeat would be a real alternative for a sporting holiday. Keep us posted OP.

Jaysus thats brave talk pretty boy doesn't get involved in brawls so

it should be the best fight we will see in our lifetimes to close to call for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Vintagekits

I think I will hold out until another opponant is announced for either fighter before I cancel my reservation at the MGM! Yori Foreman v Pacquaio with Khan on the undercard on the 20th of March at the Thomas and Mack Center is tempting but not tempting enough for me to part with all that lolly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Floyd Mayweather is a disgrace to the sport. The sooner he retires the better. Pacquiao even compromised and allowed himself to be tested 24 days before the fight and Mayweather still wouldn't sign the contract. I'm sick of hearing about the fiasco at this stage. He has had his chance to prove himself to be a legend and shied away. The fact that he has not fought Cotto, Mosley or Margarito in all these years says it all. So go on fighting the likes of Matthew Hatton and Malignaggi :rolleyes: whilst true warriors like Paul Williams and Pac push themselves to the limit. Floyd Mayweather is no longer relevant to the sport of boxing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

davmol wrote: »
    "but just hours later he backtracked, saying he would ask the boxer to reconsider his objection to blood testing"

dont write it off just yet!

Got a link for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

colly10 wrote: »
    Got a link for this?

That quote was made about 10 days ago, its old news. It is quite telling though, even Pacs promoter is suprised by his refusal to take a blood test within 24 days before the fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

Of course this whole sorry affair could quite easily be resolved by the sports governing bodies to go right mayweather has a point here (and he does, no matter what anyone says), lets introduce random blood testing at anytime before or after a fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

I think Manny should just take the test, but I don't think he's juicing. He should take it just so he gets to beat the crap outta Floyd.

I used to be a big fan of Mayweather, but not anymore. The guy dodges anyone that could possibly trouble him, which is a shame because he is clearly good enough to beat them. Lost alot of respect for the guy. Fighting Malignaggi is a bit of a joke. He will win over 12 rounds and I doubt Mailgnaggi will take even one.

Both the Pacman/Yuri fight and Floyd/Malignaggi fight will be PPV. I wonder which one will win out :rolleyes: I know which one I'll be ordering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

its disgraceful carry on by the Mayweather camp.

Advertisement