Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Erricson W705 WiFi Problem

• 17-11-2009 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I got this SE W705l only 10 days ago and now it doesnt detect any wifi signals at all even at my home where the wireless is definately available. I can access to the internet through 3 networks though. Before I found out it become out of order during the weekend I really hadnt used wifi (and the handset itself) that much, just downloaded a couple of ringtone, theme and browsed google map on the day I got it.

Ive already spoken with a guy from the customer support and did everything he suggest (includes re-entering password for the network, reset all the settings of the phone). However it doesnt start work again. he suggested me to go back to the shop to get another one again!! If I do this it will be third time to go back to the shop to return the handset in one month (this is my second "w705" as the previous one ended up with not being able to connect 3 and wifi at all. Very first Nokia one was with initial failure). Seriously, now Im really tired to do this over and over again.

Anyways, my questions are

If anyone have an idea to get back wifi connection somehow? I just think it is very strange I picked up the broken handsets twice in a row and wondering if theres anything worth checking?

Also, I really like this model and would like to stick to but in terms of stable performance, do you think w705 is good choice? I really like this design and some features but I came across some negative reviews while searching the way to fix this and they made me wonder.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you got it new 10 days ago take it back to the shop and swap it for a different phone, same model if you like but it dosen't have to be, sounds like there's something up with it, no to uncommon for a sony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I have the w705 and it's funny to connect to the wifi. From what I remember you need to go into the settings each time, I don't have access to wifi at the moment so leave it with me until this evening. Once you know what it is it's grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have you a laptop to confirm your wireless is activated and not set on hidden? That would be the first step in imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 melchan

Thank you very much those who gave me reply. I had tried all possible solution but unfortunately no luck. Yesterday I went back to shop and swaped to Nokia E63, which gives me another massive headache at this monent...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The saga continues.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

melchan wrote: »
    Thank you very much those who gave me reply. I had tried all possible solution but unfortunately no luck. Yesterday I went back to shop and swaped to Nokia E63, which gives me another massive headache at this monent...

What's the headache withd the E63

Advertisement