Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The stress has finally hit me.....

Options
  • 17-11-2009 11:42pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭

Sunday night, made a study plan of stuff I had to get done each day this week. Usually a chapter of three subjects a night which is about 1:45mins work.

Monday: really long day at school. Got home, did about 40 mins of homework, it's 7 o clock and I'm shattered, there wasn't any point of doing any work so I watched an hour of TV and went to bed.

Today: Now I have two nights of study to catch up on. I had a long day at school, and an hour of applied maths after school, got home at 7 o clock, did 30 mins of french and brain crashed. So now I've got MORE stuff to do that I missed.

Honestly, I can't keep up with my goals and they aren't even that hard. If I don't get all that stuff done tomorrow and gonna be overloaded with work and It's just gonna load up and make me explode...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

zoom! wrote: »
    Sunday night, made a study plan of stuff I had to get done each day this week. Usually a chapter of three subjects a night which is about 1:45mins work.

Monday: really long day at school. Got home, did about 40 mins of homework, it's 7 o clock and I'm shattered, there wasn't any point of doing any work so I watched an hour of TV and went to bed.

Today: Now I have two nights of study to catch up on. I had a long day at school, and an hour of applied maths after school, got home at 7 o clock, did 30 mins of french and brain crashed. So now I've got MORE stuff to do that I missed.

Honestly, I can't keep up with my goals and they aren't even that hard. If I don't get all that stuff done tomorrow and gonna be overloaded with work and It's just gonna load up and make me explode...
    Maybe you should lessen your workload?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

don't overload.
    study if you CAN on the week but if you couldn't catch up with it on the weekend after you finish your homework on Friday night.
    Its the best thing to do and NO GOING OUT OR WATCHING TV OR WORKING IN A JOB, maybe rest for Sunday a break from the long week and continue to do this and it works!
    Im stressed but i take Sundays off to relief and relax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well paying attention in class, doing your assignments - that's a huge chunk accomplished. Honestly, don't stress yourself too much over revision. It's early days yet - it might not seem it but you've loads of time. If you're that conscientious this early on, you'll do brilliantly. :)

Stress can only be damaging. Don't let things get on top of you - it's not worth it whatsoever. The leaving cert is being touted as the most important event of your life, which it no doubt feels right now, but it actually isn't the colossal deal teachers make it. It really isn't. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

I'm the same i make a to-do list for things i've got to study for the week but by the time i got the homework done im just so tired.
    But was thinking if i did my study at the weekend would that make up for it and do just homework and study for class test during the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

ayumi wrote: »
    NO GOING OUT OR WATCHING TV OR WORKING IN A JOB,

Ah now, down with that sort of thing!

OP, you've described most of my evenings at home :-/

If it was a slow day at school, or if there were many free classes I'd get homework done then and try to revise at home for an hour in the evening...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Christ, I am far too laid back. I really have done no work besides what's done in school. Just can't get into the swing of it. I'm freaking horizontal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Kersmash wrote: »
    Christ, I am far too laid back. I really have done no work besides what's done in school. Just can't get into the swing of it. I'm freaking horizontal.
    Exact same situation as you, just can't get into it, and Xmas exams week after next. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Two words: EPIC FAIL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

chill out mon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

ayumi wrote: »
    NO GOING OUT OR WATCHING TV OR WORKING IN A JOB

:eek:

I can understand not working, but that kinda stuff will just burn someone out by Easter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

STOP EVERYTHING AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME!

I was in the exact same position as you last year dealing with the daily grind and when the pressure started to build up I kinda realised that, wait a second its only november which means you are still covering core material! If you put yourself under pressure now you will get sick which you dont want to do! Do youre homework and do it well and then concentrate on study of past material you did in 5th year. The lc is alot about prioritisation, so do whatever is important now and the rest can wait. You still have plenty of time believe me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 fearanpost

I done the leavin last year, i done no study, went out most weekends and had 2 jobs on the top of that in a pub and a nightclub.. Im now in St.Pats doin Primary School Teaching, what I done was just listen in class and keep up on homework, that'll get ya results without the stress..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭irishultra

well arent u a little trooper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Ok, I got realllllllllllly stressed before my Junior Cert of all things and ended up missing a ton of school with stress :p

I am not letting it happen this year :D I am chillaxing, hanging with my friends, listening to Spin South West, watching TV and studying when I'm in the mind set to study. Otherwise I'll loose focus and it's just stupid sitting down and panicing this early. After Christmas I'll start pushing harder but now, chillax :) we got plenty of time to worry later :p

Chocolate and tea is a good way to make you feel better if your stressed as well :p Don't let it overburden you, and panicing makes it worse. If you do feel stressed talk to someone :) you'll feel calmer and better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

It's just gonna load up and make me explode...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭irish_ninja

haven't done a minute of study yet. Just do some of the homework in the important subjects. It would be really handy though if I did stuff last year.
    My motto:
    It's only november.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

don't stress about it,your doing a years work in about 6 months.come march-april or possibly before you'll be all finished up and studying almost all day in class,so your evenings will have freed up a lot.try and keep the stress down

and also true:'shur 'tis only november

Im finding that i cant really give a damm anymore i guess i just lost my spark to do anyting really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Same here. I was a great worker up to last year but this year I bearly even do my homework? Am I getting lazy or what :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Ah guys don't be fussing at this time of the year!

Don't worry TOO much about all the study until you are getting to Easter break or so.

More important is to just stay on top of what's currently going on in class. Loads of memorising now is not going ton help substantially.

If you REALLY want to study now, focus more on your writing of essays for example and answering history/geography style questions. But don't go freaking out thinking there's no time or anything.

Real memorisation should only really be done getting close to each exam I think when your mind is most fresh and you will absorb more efficiently. Now is more time for skills improvement and understanding.

Enjoy the next year though.

Oh and by the way, do not stop sports, tv, going out etc. Everything in moderation will make the study a lot easier especially if you have something after it to look forward to.

So when should we study then??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 timeforheroes01

fearanpost wrote: »
    I done the leavin last year, i done no study, went out most weekends and had 2 jobs on the top of that in a pub and a nightclub.. Im now in St.Pats doin Primary School Teaching, what I done was just listen in class and keep up on homework, that'll get ya results without the stress..

Reeellaaxoo op.. and to his person, I hope you teach your pupils proper grammar and not how you done what you done in the leaving cert.... done...

Advertisement