Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 hour businesses in the city

Options
  • 17-11-2009 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Are there any?

Weird question but i would like to find evening/night time work.

I was (still am) looking for a position as a trainee vet nurse in the city. I would like to study veterinary nursing in st.john's college next year. But i am getting nowhere.

Which leaves me with plan B. Find a night time job (so i can also keep it when in college). And offer to do some work voluntary at a vet practice to get my foot in the door.

I'l do pretty much anything, shop, bars, brothel (ok maybe not) but il do anything to fulfil my dream of becoming a veterinary nurse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Hotels need porters and the like 24 hours. FAS usually have them advertised.

Garages would be the only other one I can think of, or pubs/clubs/fast food places would give you evening work.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Maybe a bit of security work or a call centre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

There's Webworkhouse, an internet cafe on Winthrop St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Factory night shift
    Leisureplex
    Tescos?

Most night work tends to be security or night porter, not being smart but they are usually jobs for fellas, I'd try any cash and carry/factory coming up to christmas, usually work going. Try all the recruitment agencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

SomeFool wrote: »
    Factory night shift
    Leisureplex
    Tescos?

Most night work tends to be security or night porter, not being smart but they are usually jobs for fellas, I'd try any cash and carry/factory coming up to christmas, usually work going. Try all the recruitment agencies.

Done security work for a while and there a suprising amount of women doing it. And they seen to get all the cushy places.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

24 hour Tesco in Wilton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

mc donalds in douglas are 24 hour! im not sure is this everyday of the week though!

dunnes stores in douglas are hiring staff also,afaik they are taking on people for the evening and weekend shift, normally 6-10 a few nights a week then a longer day saturday and sunday,a very popular shift for students,aint to bad to work for,

Advertisement