Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jedward in UCD

Options
  • 17-11-2009 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

Anybody see them? They were filming for the xtra factor down on the running track this morning for about a half hour..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

What on earth were they filming there for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Oh god, would they ever p1ss off.

What were they doing? They don't go to UCD do they :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

muffinman wrote: »
    Anybody see them? They were filming for the xtra factor down on the running track this morning for about a half hour..
    You saw them and didnt kill them?
    You sir get a sad face :(

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

Apparently they're runners.. I dunno they were being filmed running around the place... around 60 people gathered round including people who tried to jump into their taxi.. had a real wagon minding them..

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Gaeldor68

Don't get me wrong they annoy the hell out of me and think their a disgrace but I can't help but think fair play to them for getting out there and doing what they want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

/swoons

Nah, but tbh, I think they will be eating out on this for the next ten years.

They'll be heading into Coppers or whatever, and picking up like crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

mmhm would've loved to have seen that. beat em with a stick but then they'd have a real sob story :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

abcdggs wrote: »

That link is a bit dodgey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

That link is a bit dodgey
    why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

abcdggs wrote: »

£11,983 a year boarding school!

That screams of having rich parents. Bet ya their daddy paid their way through the x-factor competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Michaelrsh wrote: »

Their parents must be so much richer than mine, so I think I'll complain about it and attribute their success to their parents having money. Damn inferiority complex.

This is what I read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 the10_six5ive

Jedward went to Kings Hospital so what. If their parents can afford to send them to a private boarding school and choose to do so then I dont see any problem. I really dont see why everyone hates Jedward so much. Any time i ask for a reason why people hate them the strongest reply i get is "because they cant sing". I really think its time for everyone to stop being so begrudging. I dont know why the irish hate to see their own do well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Jedward went to Kings Hospital so what. If their parents can afford to send them to a private boarding school and choose to do so then I dont see any problem. I really dont see why everyone hates Jedward so much. Any time i ask for a reason why people hate them the strongest reply i get is "because they cant sing". I really think its time for everyone to stop being so begrudging. I dont know why the irish hate to see their own do well.

Interesting first post... John or Edward??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jblennon101

its gas i know someone who was in school with them he was saying they were the biggest gimps ever and they were literally buillied out of kh and they went to the institute,

down with jedward, but i will still watch x factor to see there performance, oh the conformist in me

Apparently they're runners.. I dunno they were being filmed running around the place... around 60 people gathered round including people who tried to jump into their taxi.. had a real wagon minding them..

There is nothing apparent about it they are runners unless they decide that due to their new found fame that they want to quit.
    They run for a club called DSD (Dundrum South Dublin).
    9518_163377319080_615259080_2650973_8118694_n.jpg

kisaragi wrote: »
    This is what I read.

I wouldn't be supprised if that was the case!

boneless wrote: »
    Interesting first post... John or Edward??

Haha im not john or edward just another runner.
    Who is in UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

its gas i know someone who was in school with them he was saying they were the biggest gimps ever and they were literally buillied out of kh and they went to the institute,

down with jedward, but i will still watch x factor to see there performance, oh the conformist in me

You seem to be reveling in the fact that they were so badly bullied they had to leave the school... I really hope that's not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Gaeldor68

Are you saying that they don't annoy you even a little bit the way they carry on?
    As I said earlier fair play to them but that doesn't mean I have to like them.

• Advertisement

There is nothing apparent about it they are runners unless they decide that due to their new found fame that they want to quit.
    They run for a club called DSD (Dundrum South Dublin).

You obviously don't know what the word apparently means.. http://www.dictionary.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

X-Factor is a show for people who can sing. At least two better singers and performers have been kicked off because of them. I don't even follow the show but they seriously annoy me. They can't sing, they can't perform. Seriously.

Although I did get a good reaction in Ag when I heard they were on the track "Hang on.. I know someone who will give em a black eye.. *Takes out Phone*" :pac:

Let's find out the opinion of the ranting heckler from the Frontline show about Jedward.

"The people who are in power at the moment ... the people who are paying 50 milliom pound a year for a two hour show on Saturday and who have the moralising, pontificating, who say we'll need to cut it back to the American Idol system, and they don't have the moral right to stand and for the people of this show, and you Simon Cowell, who get 50 million pound a year for doing two hours on Saturday and you have the indignity to speak about people who have no talent and you pontificate against Jedward and there non-existing talent. Your X-Factor and the elite 4 of the judging panel do not deserve the money, and need to be confronted for you moralising and your hypocracy. 50 million and at the boom time you were earning 100 million for X-Factor, not American Idol or Britain's got talent or the United States system. You get for times the pay of Louis Walsh. So I don't mind these twins, the Jedward, who is elected by the people of this country to be untalented but who gave you and the judging panel such exaggerated pay, under what condition - the show ratings. So Simon don't you take the idea that I'm going to leave this stage now, 'cause at the moment this is the last that I'll ever stay here, 'cause I wanted to confront you for 20 years about you pontificating and your moralising about these twins and anything bad they do they will be removed from the show. Where will you be accountable for the 50 million, when are you gonna be accountable. You have had your day Simon, you have lived the high life. Well I'm going off this stage now to sue an old lady for pouring water over my head because I feel that I might make a million or two out of it, 'cause I need to make that money .... (som time later) ... THAT'S INJUSTICE!!"

:rolleyes::pac:

You obviously don't know what the word apparently means.. http://www.dictionary.com

Might I remind you muffin man that you brought the word apparent into the conversation in your original post.
    In reply to your comment i feel that it is you who doesnt understand the meaning of apparent. My reply to your original post is extremely adequate there has been no misuse of the word "apparently" on my behalf !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭irishultra

'our own'? its a ****ing foreign singing competition not a war.

i dont know why people care about them, i couldnt give a ****, but to me its a sad reflection on irish society but thats just me. i wish them the best because they are young lads out there trying to be the best they can be but begrudery? wtf. ireland isnt actually a begruder nation, we tend to support anyone who does well outside of ireland prob to do with an inferiority complex as a nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

Jedward to win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Haha im not john or edward just another runner.
    Who is in UCD.

:D!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

ironclaw wrote: »
    X-Factor is a show for Simon Cowell to make money and inflate his ego still further. At least two better singers and performers have been kicked off because people keep voting for Jedward, and Simon Cowell can make more money by running with it.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Michaelrsh wrote: »

That screams of having rich parents. Bet ya their daddy paid their way through the x-factor competition.

Oh really, I thought they seemed like they came from lower income brackets, the way they came on stage on tuxes first time out and danced around like arrogant prix.

However I will give them credit for taking the ****ing piss in there own Jedward way, and what is more Irish than taking the piss, isn't that why its called taking the mick everywhere else?

• Advertisement

Might I remind you muffin man that you brought the word apparent into the conversation in your original post.
    In reply to your comment i feel that it is you who doesnt understand the meaning of apparent. My reply to your original post is extremely adequate there has been no misuse of the word "apparently" on my behalf !

Remind me all you might.. You're wrong I'm right... Savage

Advertisement