Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Clonskeagh Mosque..

Options
  • 18-11-2009 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Has anyone ever been to the mosque near UCD? I hear they have a lovely cheap restaurant,anyone confirm? Whats the etiquette in entering a place like this!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

Has anyone ever been to the mosque near UCD? I hear they have a lovely cheap restaurant,anyone confirm? Whats the etiquette in entering a place like this!

Never been to this mosque but I've been in others.No shoes is the only rule I know (inside the actual mosque) and if you're gonna pray you have to wash your hands and feet.I hear they're pretty friendly over there so I'm sure someone would show you around.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

I know this is AH, but to be serious about it the restaurant is really good, and its a public restaurant, so the ettiquette isn't any different from any other! it's not in the actual prayer area or anything!
    Just don't ask where the bacon is and you'll be grand!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

i've eaten here, think it's only open on Fridays maybe? Good food though, different curry type things and nice bread and stuff. There's also a store there selling quare foods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Moved to Dublin Forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

It is a nice restaurant, not expensive either. I have been there a few times in between lectures, it is better than anywhere on campus. The only etiquette which I am aware of is that when you leave you have to strap a backpack full of semtex on tightly and get in a taxi to Dublin airport. Also most of the utensils are ceramic so you can get them through a metal detector. And by the way, don't send anything back, there are a few videos circulating the internet of people having their heads cut off, the rice was not cooked to their liking apparently. Haha. Also you have to give up your right to free speech and bow down to Mohammad.

Since this post escaped Zohans attention when he moved the thread to us here in DCF I can't warn/infract or ban this poster.

But since we have the thread now, let me warn you guys, follow suit and you'll be banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

It is a nice restaurant, not expensive either. I have been there a few times in between lectures, it is better than anywhere on campus. The only etiquette which I am aware of is that when you leave you have to strap a backpack full of semtex on tightly and get in a taxi to Dublin airport. Also most of the utensils are ceramic so you can get them through a metal detector. And by the way, don't send anything back, there are a few videos circulating the internet of people having their heads cut off, the rice was not cooked to their liking apparently. Haha. Also you have to give up your right to free speech and bow down to Mohammad.
    :pac:

Bandit12 wrote: »
    :pac:

WARNING; this comes very close to the mark!.

Sorry guys, but I'm locking this thread.

That post by SarahChambers is (IMO) pretty despicable and it will only lead to other's being warned or banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement