Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox newbie - arcade or elite?

• 18-11-2009 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I've been looking at treating myself to an xbox with Christmas coming up. I have to say i havent played much over the past few years, i cant remember the last time i used my old Playstation!

However, after seeing games like Forza Motorsport and Modern Warfare, the bug is back again!

I've seen the X360 arcade is around 170 euro. Considering how much i'll probably play (not that much), is it a good deal or would i be better off paying extra for the Elite?
    Can both consoles do the s
    ame? I know the differences in memory, but would i be able to play online and use Sky Player on the Arcade?

Sorry for all the questions, easy known i've never used xbox before!

Thanks in advance,
    patrick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Yup you can do all the same on both.Only difference is the memory.Aracde only comes with a ****ty memory card though.Better of getting the Pro(do they still do them).?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

If you can afford it get the elite, you might get seriously hooked on games and need that hard drive space, and if you ever go to sell it at least you'll get better money for it then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Its also worth noting that the 360 is an extremely noisy console, but if you have the Elite you can install games to the hard drive which reduces the noise a lot...
    Also, if you want to play online and download new maps etc, then you'd be pretty screwed if you bought the Arcade...

They should have taken the Arcade model off the market, not the pro!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

Go for the 250 gb super Elite?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭tribesman78

Have to agree with other posts. I got arcade as a present and one of the first things i done was splash out on the hard drive. Get the elite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Seen in the gamestop mag,if i read this right its some deal.269 for Elite,2 controllers,3 games + Wireless network adapter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

cmpunk wrote: »
    Go for the 250 gb super Elite?
    got one on saturday mw2 elite (DROOL) LOL

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Unless you are never going to be connecting it online get one with a hard drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Arcade - 170

If you got hooked you could get a 60gb hard drive later for about 70 i think with also comes with a 3 month live sub.

However you could get the elite with a 120 gb hdd in a bundle with Forza 3 and MW2 for 250-270 (I think ?) which is close to what you would pay for the arcade and then another 50 each for the 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭patrickincork

cheers for all the replies.

I see Xtravision are doing an offer the the Elite and fifa 10 or forza motorsport for 250 euro. I'd say i'll go with that!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

cheers for all the replies.

I see Xtravision are doing an offer the the Elite and fifa 10 or forza motorsport for 250 euro. I'd say i'll go with that!

you're in cork pop into HMV I was in there the other day I think the elite with 1 or 2 games was around 240 make sure to have a look anyway.

Advertisement