Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatal Car Crash Tonight

Options

Comments

Oh my god.... :( 4 dead..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Oh my, what tragic news. Rip :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

*shivers*, horrible.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Such a bad night too.
    My condolences to the families.
    Puts a lot into perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Utterly Tragic, 4 families stricken. My sympathies to them all..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭happyoutish

I heard this awhile ago... so, so, so sad...

Sympathies to the families.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

4 female students it seems. Tragic

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Tedole

God bless them and their families, so sad five and a bit weeks before Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Awful stuff. Saw the story on breakingnews.ie. It's more than 4 families affected by this. My sympathies go out to all of them. Poor girls. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭muskyj

one of the girls grew up right next door. another is close friend of the family. may they all RIP. so tragic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Only heard about the accident this morning and got an email about it from NUIG a while ago.

So tragic :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

RT&#201 wrote: »
    The victims have been named as 19-year-old Marie Ní Chonaile from Baile na hAbhann, Connemara; Teresa Molloy, also 19, from Leitir Mór, Connemara; 20-year-old Sara Byrne from Headford, Co Galway; and Sorcha Rose McLaughlin, 19, from Mulgannon, Co Wexford.(
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1118/rta.html

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

An unthinkable tragedy. So so sad, those poor girls and their families. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

condolences to family & friends of all involved.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Heard about this on the radio. What a horrible tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Go ndeanamh Dia grasta ar a nanam naofa

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

RIP, poor families

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

So awful.
    R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

This is beyond terrible. I'm so affected by this tragedy and i don't even know any of the girls. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Such a terrible loss, my heart goes out to all the families.
    NUI was not a happy place today.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

very very sad, brings tears to my eyes. heart goes out for the girls family the one girl fighting for her life and the driver of the truck.

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

My thoughts are with their families. Had some tears in my eyes, I went to college in Galway and just drove past the spot where it happened 3 hours before the accident.

The N17 really needs to be upgraded, parts of it are dangerous and I have seen way too many accidents on it. If it were at least a 2+2 road with a barrier in the middle, this kind of accident couldn't happen.

The truck and car got towed past work today.. Horrific to think there was five girls in what was left of the car :(

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

Matt Bauer wrote: »

The N17 really needs to be upgraded, parts of it are dangerous and I have seen way too many accidents on it. If it were at least a 2+2 road with a barrier in the middle, this kind of accident couldn't happen.

Totally agree Matt, have driven that road many times myself, and had one or two scary moments doing so. It's so upsetting to see the sh** that goes on wasting money in the Governmental dept's, and then you have stretches of main routes in a shambles:mad:

Irrespective of that, seeing the reports on the news had me in tears....just thinking that there's five devastated families around the country today, as well as a truck driver who will have to live with the memories of this for the rest of his life. God love those who came upon the scene as well....words are really no good at times like this. Deepest sympathies to all those affected by this tragedy...xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Tawny

Terrible tragedy.

My heart goes out to the families and friends, such a terrible thing to have to deal with. Christmas will be impossible for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Galway1989

Rest in peace girls.. from a third year geography student in NUI Galway. College was so tough today. I didn't know whether i recognised the girls from college or the shop i work at in county galway. Its hard when you can't put names to faces. My heart goes out to all their friends and family. Our communities are plunged into mourning at this shocking tragic loss. xxx

Everyone, please be extra careful on the roads till next week. They're in a dreadful state

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Condolences to the families involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

That is numbing to the core :(

My sympathies are with the families.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Deepest condolences to all family and friends :( RIP My heart goes out to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

R.i.p girls...My thoughts are with the girls families.....it was such a tragedy...also my thoughts are are with the two other people...once again r.i.p and god bless...

Advertisement