Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatal Car Crash Tonight

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭moomoo2007

Awful tradegy, sympathy to their families, Rest in peace girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

There's been another fatal accident in Galway. Last night, two 16 year olds were involved in a crash on the bridge in Leitir Mór, Conemarra. The driver is in hospital at the moment, but the passenger died :( RIP

http://www.galwaynews.ie/9798-second-teen-stable-following-fatal-connemara-crash

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I removed certain aspects of the above post as hearsay.
    Please also add links to news stories so they can be verified.

RIP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I heard the same story as Ro about the deceased , it will be all over the papers tomorrow .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I had read his post before it got snipped too, and hope it isn't true. Tragic though in any situation for such an accident to happen.

Current link: http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1123/rta.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jack Daniels I

RIP

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Irish Independent named the dead teenager as Michael Joyce this morning.

RIP

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/teen-killed-in-car-smash-after-road-death-funeral-1951962.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ShineadyRyan

That accident was the start to what has been a horrible 2 weeks, I Knew the girls in the accident. :(Everyone in college is still in shock. And now that poor Seoighe lad died too. I'd say connamara is numb. Just makes you think how lucky we are and even though alot of people's homes are wrecked from the water damage in these floods.....they aren't dead.

R.I.P Cailini & codladh samh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mikebites

Sorry to say this but many parts of the National roads are quite bad.

1. Some of them are quite narrow. It's like playing videos games and bet your life on it.

2. Unevenly repaired roads (sometimes you can feel the dip on the left side) along with the rain water can be a fatal combination.

3. Even on N roads, in some places, bends are sudden and are uncomfortable. So, cruise control is virtually useless even on National roads.

Most of the cars driven are less than 1 litre engine and hence uder these undrivable conditions these cars are more prone to lose control.

I keep these incidents in mind when I drive nowadays. Roads are quite bad and anything can happen.

My deepest condolences to the families. A sad incident and a wake-up call for all of us.

Advertisement