Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cyber Games - Fighting Genre

Options
  • 18-11-2009 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure if you lads were aware that the "voting" has opened for next year's game selection for the World Cyber Games. There's a fighting section that has stly featured Dead or Alive up until last year when they switched to VF5 for the Xbox 360.

The games that are available for selection are:
    • Dragon Ball: Raging Beast
    • Street Fighter IV
    • Tekken 6
    • Virtua Fighter 5
    • WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2009

The final games list and whether or not it actually represents what has been voted for is something that has never been fully clarified so it could be a case of whatever sponsor throws up the biggest prize fund in the end. It also doesn't represent what games, if any, Ireland will send participants in. Money was tight this year for WCG Ireland but hopefully there's an improvement on funds available next year. While "voting" doesn't guarantee anything it will get your community's voice heard and hopefully the WCG will pick up a game a bit better then VF.

Linky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

VF is pretty good in my opinion. It really is the best game to define the pros from the good players.

I think DBZ and WWE isn't realistic at all. I haven't played DBZ but it can't be a serious fighter and WWE is just poor.

Potentially, SF should be the best but IV is so imbalanced and flawed that I'm sure everyone will pick Sagat/Ryu because of the reasonable cash prize so boring matches.

Personally, I'll vote for VF5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Potentially, SF should be the best but IV is so imbalanced and flawed that I'm sure everyone will pick Sagat/Ryu because of the reasonable cash prize so boring matches.

Wut?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Leprekaun wrote: »
    VF is pretty good in my opinion. It really is the best game to define the pros from the good players.

I think DBZ and WWE isn't realistic at all. I haven't played DBZ but it can't be a serious fighter and WWE is just poor.

What?

SF IV is pretty well balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Indeed, but lets not turn this thread off course, Lep, if you want to defend your insane post (:p) think a new thread would be better otherwise this thread will be killed.

Voted for SFIV and SFIV only :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Torn between voting for SFIV & Tekken.
    Mainly because they'll be won by either Japan or Korea (respectively) :pac:

Nah, I kid. Probably should vote Tekken, since T6BR is same version as current arcade release, while SFIV looks to be superseded by SuperSFIV in the new year.
    Additionally, Tekken has a more varied cast.
    However, it is IMHO a bit harder to commentate on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Voted for SF4 with T6 second.

Smackdown... seriously? So boring to watch.

Hope a load of kids don't vote for it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

SSF4 wouldn't get selected, it's release would be too late, as you saw with SF4 this year.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

The community will more than likely move on to SSF IV, wish the WCG had more flexibility but what can you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I'm a bit upset at the design of their site.
    It wouldn't let me pick SFIV as 1st and also as 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

SFIV

• Advertisement
Advertisement